• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    The thing is, I think a chief or sheriff should be able to sued under preemption law for not signing, as they are creating a de facto ban in their jurisidiction on firearms that are legal to possess in Indiana, but lawsuits in other places that challenged a LEO sign-off have never gone anywhere.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Just like states have done with marijuana, let's "legalize" items controlled by the NFA. Like other prohibitions, when the states thumb their noses, the .gov eventually follows.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The feds are somewhat content to tolerate states nullifying federal marijuana laws by permitting it domesticly, because ultimately, that is copacetic with the feds' own goal of obedient, compliant masses. I doubt a state nullification effort aimed at making every man a light machinegunner outside of the purview of the feds would be met with the same federal indolence.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The feds are somewhat content to tolerate states nullifying federal marijuana laws by permitting it domesticly, because ultimately, that is copacetic with the feds' own goal of obedient, compliant masses. I doubt a state nullification effort aimed at making every man a light machinegunner outside of the purview of the feds would be met with the same federal indolence.
    Perhaps. And I readily admit there's probably not a state out there willing to take on that fight yet. Even among the so-called 2A supporters out there, there's too many willing to cave in on things like magazine sizes to even entertain the thought of non-police/military persons sportin' around with full-auto weapons. But every change has to start somewhere.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Perhaps. And I readily admit there's probably not a state out there willing to take on that fight yet. Even among the so-called 2A supporters out there, there's too many willing to cave in on things like magazine sizes to even entertain the thought of non-police/military persons sportin' around with full-auto weapons. But every change has to start somewhere.

Even among the states that have passed "Firearms Freedom Acts," they still have ALL exempted machine guns from being covered in the bill.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Just like states have done with marijuana, let's "legalize" items controlled by the NFA. Like other prohibitions, when the states thumb their noses, the .gov eventually follows.

I'd rather repeal the NFA/GCA/"Hughes Amendment" (of the FOPA, passed by a dubious voice vote).
    No taxes, no Form 4s, no Form 1s, no SOTs, no restrictions, no regulations, walk-up-to-the-counter-and-buy-silencers-and-full-autos-liberty.

It may never happen, but anything less is just infringement of a lesser degree than what existed prior.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Even among the states that have passed "Firearms Freedom Acts," they still have ALL exempted machine guns from being covered in the bill.

How sad. How pervasive the demonization of fully-automatic weaponry is!
    They admonish when we have 'caches' of ammunition and then try to deprive us of the weapons that would most readily deplete those stockpiles. They say that guns are too loud but try to deprive us of the means to quiet them. They say steel and tungsten penetrate too much and lead is too dirty. They say no one needs 30-round-magazines but also don't like 5-round bolt-feds.

Make no mistake, there is no 'compromise' with these people. Giving in to any single demand means that they will force you to give in on the rest. I'm tired of being treated as a criminal in my own native country for wanting government to live up to its charters of mandate, our Constitutions national and State.

Top Bottom