Shannon Watts is bullying another business. Pulls out all the crazy.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    This is all the more reason for me to go to the local place of business

Not sure about this. My preference would be for them to have remained neutral. They decided to take a stance that appeased anti-gun.

You can see it as a positive (that they didn't ban), but it's no longer a fully neutral stance. When Starbucks spoke out, I stopped going there. I liked when they were neutral and didn't talk about it. They just abided by local law.

Us gunners will rarely, if ever, find a "pro-gun" company. Neutral is the best we can hope for. Fascists want companies to take an anti-gun stance, because nothing is good enough for them.

So... while this wasn't a ban, it was negative, and it was not neutral. I disagree with the company for giving in to bullies, and I won't patronize them due to this.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Most companies will want to remain neutral and follow the laws. If they simply say we prefer that people not bring guns into our store, that statement will be spun as a victory for people like Watts.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    It is sad that instead of working through any issues locally, they decided to make a blanket policy. I have eaten there and the revolver on my hip has never been an issue from either point of view. My money belt is the same one that holds my holster, so I guess neither will be found again at their institution. I will shortly be writing and mailing them a snail mail letter explaining my feelings.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    "it is the role of politicians and legislators to set policy in this issue"? Really? No, it is OUR job to hold those bastards (the politicians) accountable to the rules already laid out for them.

And WHY do people keep bringing rifles inside small crowded businesses??? Rifles are traditionally OFFENSIVE weapons and can be dangerous and unwieldy indoors. Are you going to light off some 5.56x45 if a crook comes in to rob the store of $100 in the register and deafen everyone else inside? Even Samurai took off their Katana when going inside instead favoring the Wakazashi or short sword.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    "it is the role of politicians and legislators to set policy in this issue"? Really? No, it is OUR job to hold those bastards (the politicians) accountable to the rules already laid out for them.

And WHY do people keep bringing rifles inside small crowded businesses??? Rifles are traditionally OFFENSIVE weapons and can be dangerous and unwieldy indoors. Are you going to light off some 5.56x45 if a crook comes in to rob the store of $100 in the register and deafen everyone else inside? Even Samurai took off their Katana when going inside instead favoring the Wakazashi or short sword.

Anti-gun nuts Moms Demand Action attempted to intimidate the Chipotle Mexican Grill chain after some open carry activists in Dallas suggested eating at one of the restaurants after a scheduled “open carry walk.” Shannon Watts, founder of Moms Demand Action, launched a hashtag campaign at the burrito makers.
    There was a rally in the area. They went to eat after. I am sure anybody in the area was most likely well aware of the rally. Should they have went and left their guns in their cars? I would prefer they keep them with them myself. Things get stolen out of cars.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Anti-gun nuts Moms Demand Action attempted to intimidate the Chipotle Mexican Grill chain after some open carry activists in Dallas suggested eating at one of the restaurants after a scheduled “open carry walk.” Shannon Watts, founder of Moms Demand Action, launched a hashtag campaign at the burrito makers.
    There was a rally in the area. They went to eat after. I am sure anybody in the area was most likely well aware of the rally. Should they have went and left their guns in their cars? I would prefer they keep them with them myself. Things get stolen out of cars.

So you are suggesting it is common sense to carry a rifle into a private business which you cannot POSSIBLY obey all firearm safety rules with your muzzle simply because someone is at a rally and wants something to eat? What happens when you want something to eat after a trip to the range? Do you take your entire arsenal inside so it doesn't get stolen?

Quit trying to justify irresponsible actions by a few people wanting to make a splash. We don't need to use the anti's tactics for our side, they are the ones who look like a-holes usually and let's keep it that way.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    So you are suggesting it is common sense to carry a rifle into a private business which you cannot POSSIBLY obey all firearm safety rules with your muzzle simply because someone is at a rally and wants something to eat? What happens when you want something to eat after a trip to the range? Do you take your entire arsenal inside so it doesn't get stolen?

Quit trying to justify irresponsible actions by a few people wanting to make a splash. We don't need to use the anti's tactics for our side, they are the ones who look like a-holes usually and let's keep it that way.

So this is logical? How many pics on here were posted up from the open carry rally a little over a year ago in Indianapolis? I know there were many pics taken the Tilted Kilt (I believe that is name). If there is a open carry rally people in the area are well aware that there will be people open carrying guns in the area. The supposed outrage was not at Chipotle, it was pictures posted online, unless I missed it I saw nothing in the article stating anybody at the location was in fear of anything.
    Justify irresponsible actions? So people trying to support our 2nd amendment rights are taking irresponsible actions? I appreciate what they are doing myself. As for when I go the range, no I do not carry my guns inside where I go after. I also do not load my guns into my car in clear sight and then leave it unattended. I put my guns back in my vehicle at the range, then drive to where I am going, normally straight home, but if I do stop I do not open my trunk and show everybody my guns before going inside.
    From your post there are well over 100 active gun rights supporters on INGO you are bashing. It is perfectly safe and acceptable to carry a rifle on sling, that is no violation of firearm safety rules.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    For starters, Chipotle is a BUSINESS that is, presumably, trying to make money. The State Capital is... different.

As I stated in a previous post, there are pictures in thread of people from the Rally at the Tilted Kilt with their rifles. I am sure several other business's in the area were visited.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    So this is logical? How many pics on here were posted up from the open carry rally a little over a year ago in Indianapolis? I know there were many pics taken the Tilted Kilt (I believe that is name). If there is a open carry rally people in the area are well aware that there will be people open carrying guns in the area. The supposed outrage was not at Chipotle, it was pictures posted online, unless I missed it I saw nothing in the article stating anybody at the location was in fear of anything.
    Justify irresponsible actions? So people trying to support our 2nd amendment rights are taking irresponsible actions? I appreciate what they are doing myself. As for when I go the range, no I do not carry my guns inside where I go after. I also do not load my guns into my car in clear sight and then leave it unattended. I put my guns back in my vehicle at the range, then drive to where I am going, normally straight home, but if I do stop I do not open my trunk and show everybody my guns before going inside.
    From your post there are well over 100 active gun rights supporters on INGO you are bashing. It is perfectly safe and acceptable to carry a rifle on sling, that is no violation of firearm safety rules.

Simply carrying a gun to get attention is not in any way "supporting" or "defending" our rights, they are simply carrying a gun. Do not confuse them with people on the front lines sacrificing money, time, reputation and more for the battle of holding our government accountable for following their own laws.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    As I stated in a previous post, there are pictures in thread of people from the Rally at the Tilted Kilt with their rifles. I am sure several other business's in the area were visited.

OK, but that's not the question you posed in asking the difference between Chipotle and something at the state house. The difference between Tilted Kilt and Chipotle is that we have not, as of today, forced the Tilted Kilt owners to make that choice. We probably WILL by having rallies there without their blessing, but it appears that we have not done so yet.

ETA: Also, to be fair, it's possible that the Tilted Kilt would choose us, if forced. They cater to a "manly" crowd, and perhaps they would decide that they'd rather **** off the antis than the gun crowd. I won't jump to conclusions about what they will choose, if forced, but making them a lighting rod will tend to make a business address the issue and, perhaps, make a choice.

dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    We can talk with our money and letters to the company and we could start opening good restaurants that are gun friendly and put the others out of business or at least have healthy competition.:dunno: :twocents:

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    OK, but that's not the question you posed in asking the difference between Chipotle and something at the state house. The difference between Tilted Kilt and Chipotle is that we have not, as of today, forced the Tilted Kilt owners to make that choice. We probably WILL by having rallies there without their blessing, but it appears that we have not done so yet.

Then you misunderstood the question. I had specifically mentioned Tilted Kilt in a prior post in this the thread to the fact that people went from this rally at the state house directly there to eat with while carrying their rifles. The people in the picture in front of chipotle did not force anything. The anti gun group did. They won that fight and I cannot understand why some of us are blaming the people rallying for our rights for that.

What would be a way of supporting and defending our rights? They took the time, spent money, and offered their reputation by attending that rally. Is griping about them doing that on the Interwebs somehow superior? I have not seen one single mention of anything that these people did wrong. I have not seen one single issue stated from anybody at chipotle saying they were in fear. All I have seen is a Twitter campaign by this Watt's dip that apparently many gun owners are now supporting. I am confused.

Top Bottom