• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jubba

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    WAL-MART
    My wife was originally afraid of guns. She has shot a few of mine and became comfortable being around them. A couple days ago, she told me she wanted her own gun. Yesterday we went to buckshot sporting goods in Winchester and she spent about 45 mins handling different guns. She narrowed it down to a Glock 26 or a Bersa Thunder 9mm due to comfort and ease of racking the slide. When she came home for lunch today, she said she wanted the Glock 26. We just got home from putting it in layaway!! She will get paid next week and get it.

Side note; her mom now wants to learn to shoot and will be stopping by yo ask questions and shoot a few guns.

I am very proud of her decision and how she decided which gun she wanted. She said if she doesn't like the Glock, she will give it to me and get the Bersa.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    Congratulations. I had a similar situation last summer with my wife. She narrowed her decision down to a Glock and Springfield but went with the latter. It's great that she got into shooting, which got me back into it as well.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    My wife has a Taurus TCP .380 and a Bersa Thunder 9 ultra compact. She likes the TCP better (or as she calls it the little cute one) I am continuing to take her to the range and let her shoot what ever she is comfortable shooting. I purchased 1,000 rounds of .380 TCJ 95 GR Precision Ammunition factory reloaded ammo so she can shoot as much as she wants.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Good for you (and her). I think it's a good thing when husbands and wives share interests...in this case, it should be easier to rationalize new purchases. :D

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    My wife loves the G26. It is always good to ad a new member to the gun community. My wife didn't shoot when we first met but I started her slow with a little 22 then let her step up as she wanted. Now she is at least half my ammo expenses. Not sure if that is good or bad. We will call it good.

r.gray87

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Columbus
    Congratulations, I'm still working on it.

....now to get my wife to want a gun. She has mentioned she would take a 500 SW she saw on TV, but I don't think we could afford the reconstructive nose surgery resulting in the recoil from the 1st shot.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    My wife wanted to take an NRA basic pistol class. That was the deciding factor in whether she wanted her own gun or not. Initially, she just wanted to know how to fire my gun in the event of an emergency but after patient instruction from a certified trainer she was off to the races.

It can't hurt to try that as a way to get your wife to want a gun.

Jubba

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    WAL-MART
    For those saying you are still trying to get your wife's involved, I never once suggested or asked my wife if she wanted a gun. Part of her decision was made because I work 3rd shift, we live in the country, a neighbor sells drugs, and their have been brake ins in the area lately. She said she is never sure which gun I have in the night stand and wanted to know what to expect if she needed it. I always have my Glock 19 in the nightstand but others in the closet as well.

katfishinking

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    southwestern ind.
    congratulations to you, and to your wife. I cant imagine how it feels. my wife is the daughter of a retired LEO. so she grew up around guns, and has been shooting for a long time. its a good thing for us, as we share this and other outdoor things together, she likes to fish too. anyway, the rest of you, keep on trying to involve the wife, it can be good bonding time together. good luck.

brute69

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Congratulations, my wife had never touched a gun when we first met, now she doesn't leave the house without her carry gun.

dugsagun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    portage
    Congrats! One of my little sisters, after seeing some p.o.s. michael moore mockumentary was for awhile "guns are bad". I always told her to look around, everyone she knows is a deer hunter, how can their tool be bad. Eventually she realized that some peeps are just full of it. She bought a gun off of me last month for personal protection for when she moves out of the parents house.

Top Bottom