• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • decal1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Jamestown, Indiana
    Okay, so I was at work tonight cutting ceiling tiles to replace some damaged ones. So I pop the tape measure off my belt, make a measurement and go on. I do this several times when one of my co-workers stops me and asked me why every time I put the tape measure back on my belt I pull my shirt down over it. I didn't even realize I was doing it. So I tell her I like to concealed carry my tape measure. You know I don't want everyone to know I have it. :): She just walked away muttering something about me being crazy.

Anyway no real point to the story. I just thought I would share something funny that happened tonight.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I think that those of us that live and breathe firearms develop habits that transcend guns in general. I never put my finger on the trigger of a drill or staplegun now, and I also OC my tape measure...

tater86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    I just take my speed square out every time someone says draw! Then spin spin it and put it back in your belt!

IndianaSigma

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Huntington, IN
    Okay, so I was at work tonight cutting ceiling tiles to replace some damaged ones. So I pop the tape measure off my belt, make a measurement and go on. I do this several times when one of my co-workers stops me and asked me why every time I put the tape measure back on my belt I pull my shirt down over it. I didn't even realize I was doing it. So I tell her I like to concealed carry my tape measure. You know I don't want everyone to know I have it. :): She just walked away muttering something about me being crazy.

Anyway no real point to the story. I just thought I would share something funny that happened tonight.

Haha! Don't want anyone getting nervous and calling in a Man With A Tape Measure.....Thanks for the laugh:laugh:

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I think that those of us that live and breathe firearms develop habits that transcend guns in general. I never put my finger on the trigger of a drill or staplegun now, and I also OC my tape measure...

Yep. They are also always pointed in a safe direction and I avoid sweeping people with them. I don't even realize I am doing it.

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    Add another one with the no finger on power tools as well. I also shake hands with my trigger finger extented. Never noticed it until it was pointed out to me once.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    If you open carry your tape measure a five year old girl can take it away from you. Further, IMPD will stop you, point the tape measure at you and at joggers and bicyclists and then call you a mother&*%#*&^ cowboy.:D

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Fear me. I have the plastic tape measure that can get through metal detectors. The Glock 7 tape measure. Yeah. Damn, I never thought about it, but trigger discipline with the drills and stuff... I haz it. Even with the other hand.

Sureshot129

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    NW Indiana
    This Thread is full of WIN!!!!!!
    Count me in on the drill as for the tape measure mine is a BIG JOHNSON tape measure so I OC that one for the ladies.:naughty:

Top Bottom