• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    So I sent my application out today for the July Class. I was curious if anyone else on here was planning on going. I thought it would be nice to meet some INGOers there.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I have already been thru Ken's class but want to take Defensive Pistol with my 17 yr old son who will be soon applying for his life time license.

a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville
    I've thought about this. I would be going with my fiance and it would be the first formal training for both of us. Right now she wants to use her p22 but I may be able to convince her to step up to a pk380. Do you think this would be a good fit for us?

Bucknut

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Fishers
    I sent the deposit. Should I expect a notification of enrollment or should I contact the Sheriff for verification?

pftraining_in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    IN: South of I-70
    I've thought about this. I would be going with my fiance and it would be the first formal training for both of us. Right now she wants to use her p22 but I may be able to convince her to step up to a pk380. Do you think this would be a good fit for us?

I would contact Sheriff Campbell prior to attending due to the statement below in the course description.

Introduction to the Defensive Pistol

The Boone County Sheriff Department will again offer a 16 hour "Introduction to the Defensive Pistol" course to qualified applicants on [FONT=&quot]July 17-18, 2010, and October 23-24, 2010[/FONT]. It will be held at the Boone County Sheriff Firearms Range in Lebanon , IN.

Due to requests we are againoffering a “Ladies Only Introduction to Defensive Pistol” course on May 22-23, 2010 and October 9-10, 2010. There is no difference in the curriculum. It is merely limited to ladies only. A small .25 or .22 caliber pistol IS NOT recommended for this course. Again, it is no different in content other than it is for ladies only.

newguyjosh

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    For those that signed up or have been through it in the past do you get some sort of comfirmation from sheriff cambell after mailing in your app? Myself and a coworker mailed in our apps at the end of december right after seeing the new dates announced but haven't heard anything back. I have tried calling but also never heard back.

Ken Campbell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Gunsite Academy, Inc
    For those that signed up or have been through it in the past do you get some sort of comfirmation from sheriff cambell after mailing in your app? Myself and a coworker mailed in our apps at the end of december right after seeing the new dates announced but haven't heard anything back. I have tried calling but also never heard back.
    I have not received any telephone messages on my voice mail to call that I have not returned. Workload has slowed my confirmation email and reporting instructions. We will attempt to get the confirmations out soon.

newguyjosh

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Thank you for the response Sheriff Cambell. I tried leaving a voicemail early last week but it must not have made it through to you. Technology is nice but doesn't always cooperate. Should I try contacting you again or give it some time for you to get caught up and send out email confirmations? I have heard nothing but great things about you and your course and really look forward to attending the course. Thanks again.

Ken Campbell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Gunsite Academy, Inc
    Introduction to Defensive Pistol

As always, thanks for the support of our training programs. The July class is full with 10 or 11 on the waiting list.

May Ladies' Only is half full.

October Class is half full.

Our gun permit applications continue at the same pace that began after the last Presidential election as does our training rosters.

If you have interest in courses, don't wait to apply.

Questions about classes are best sent to kcampbell@co.boone.in.us as my schedule often does not allow me time to check the various boards I try to peruse.

Again, thanks for the support.

Respectfully,

Sheriff Ken Campbell

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Thanks for the updates Ken! :yesway:

As always, thanks for the support of our training programs. The July class is full with 10 or 11 on the waiting list.

May Ladies' Only is half full.

October Class is half full.

Our gun permit applications continue at the same pace that began after the last Presidential election as does our training rosters.

If you have interest in courses, don't wait to apply.

Questions about classes are best sent to kcampbell@co.boone.in.us as my schedule often does not allow me time to check the various boards I try to peruse.

Again, thanks for the support.

Respectfully,

Sheriff Ken Campbell

xdmstu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Lower NE Indy
    I just mailed my app and deposit for the October class a couple days ago. I hope I am able to get one of the remaining 10 spots. Yikes!

I've heard great things about this class and other firearms workshops offered.

Top Bottom