• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hondatech2k2

Shooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Greenwood
    This past weekend I purchased my very first NFA device from Acme Sports in Seymour. Once the paperwork comes back I will have my very own Silencerco Osprey 45 to go on the end of my FNP tactical. Anyways..on to my story!

I was worried about the CLEO sign off as this is my first time and I did not know what to expect..
    I put a phone call in to the Johnson County Sheriff Department not knowing which number to call. The 2nd number I called was "Vikii" Sheriff Cox secretary. 3 hours later I received a phone call from.......yep Sheriff Doug Cox. Long story short.... this guy was extremely courteous and very professional!! He made my first CLEO experience a very pleasant one. I dropped my paperwork off at 7pm, and he again personally called me at 8:15am the next morning to tell me it was all done! I look forward to dealing with him again in the future, and if you live in Johnson County rest easy knowing you have this kind of character to deal with!

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Glad you had a good experience!

I also had a great experience with Sherriff Carother's in Jackson Co. He personally fingerprinted me for both my form 4 and form 1 (I'm doing SBR and suppressor), and was very professional the entire time. :yesway:

dboz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Greenwood
    Since I live in Greenwood, would I go through Sherrif Cox for a CLEO signature, or would I have to contact Greenwood PD? Thanks in advance.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Since I live in Greenwood, would I go through Sherrif Cox for a CLEO signature, or would I have to contact Greenwood PD? Thanks in advance.

If you reside within the incorporated city limits of Greenwood, then GPD is your destination.

dboz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Greenwood
    Now I know who I am going to have to see after the HUSH shoot. I am looking for a .308 suppressor, and I am sure that I will find something there that I can not live without. Thanks Ted

buckfever34

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 16, 2009
    Jackson County, IN
    Hey man, this is Clint from Acme....I assumed that it all went well since I got your paperwork out in the mail this week!

I am always happy to hear stories of our chief LEOs being easy to work with.

RabbleRouser

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    Mishawaka
    in St. Joseph county you dont even need to drop of your form 4 and return for it. You go to the sheriffs office and they fill it out right on the spot (either by hand or with a rubber stamp)

hondatech2k2

Shooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Greenwood
    in St. Joseph county you dont even need to drop of your form 4 and return for it. You go to the sheriffs office and they fill it out right on the spot (either by hand or with a rubber stamp)

Sheriff Cox wanted me to come in actually. But I work on the North side of Indy so making down to him before his shift ended was impossible. Next time, I will be taking the day off of work and getting everything done in 1 day. Of course I hope he doesn't mind signing 4-6 forms at once lol.

hondatech2k2

Shooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Greenwood
    Another +1 for Sheriff Cox.

Set an appointment with him today to sign 4 form 1's. I showed up early and he met me at the door lol. Once again, fantastic gentleman to deal with and it was a pleasure to actually m eet him in person! Afterwards he walked me through the back to the jail office for fingerprinting.
    Total time from arriving-forms filled out-to fingerprints done.....on 4 forms/fingerprints was a whopping 9 minutes!!

AJBB87

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Here
    Sheriff Cox is a great guy!

In my experience, he has been very fair and above all the political BS that you might find in similar agencies across the state.

Top Bottom