• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OiRadio47

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Mishawaka
    Anyone buy one yet? I just put one on lay-away when I went in to pick up my Kahr K40. After dropping $600 on the Kahr, my wife wouldnt let me take the Shield home with me tonight. Gotta wait til wednesday when i get paid! Oh well, in the end I still get what I want!

Midwest Gun Exchange had 1 more in stock if anyone was looking.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Please let us know what you think after you shoot it. I would think it wouldn't be an enjoyable handgun to shoot for any prolonged period of time. Is it larger in any way compared to the 9mm version?

OiRadio47

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Mishawaka
    Exact same size from what I could tell. I will take it straight to the range as soon as I pick it up Wednesday night! I didnt expect them to have them in stock yet.

My wife is going to have to help me break it in, along with the Kahr!

OiRadio47

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Mishawaka
    Have to post a picture of the Kahr since I brought it up, but Im more excited about shooting that Shield!

IMAG0460.jpg

AutoMovt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    I picked up mine on Monday and shot it that same day. I really like the way the Shield controlled the snappiness of the .40 round. I shot it both strong hand and off hand and was able to control it very well. I think you will like it.

cartmanfan15

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 23, 2010
    Seymour, IN
    Didn't know they made it in .40...Is it normal to have such a small gun shoot a larger round? Seems like most of the smaller guns would shoot a 9mm or 380, 22, rounds like that. I know M&P make compacts, but isn't this smaller to be a pocket gun? As long as it can handle it more power to them :)

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Didn't know they made it in .40...Is it normal to have such a small gun shoot a larger round?

Normal? I don't know about that, but there are plenty of small .40s around, some even smaller than the Shield.

I know M&P make compacts, but isn't this smaller to be a pocket gun?

I wouldn't call the Shield a pocket gun; it is in the same size class as the Kahr P9/CW9, Kel-Tec PF9, Ruger LC9 and Taurus 709. *I* certainly couldn't pocket carry one. But then, I don't consider S&W J-Frame .38s to be pocket guns either, but know plenty of guys who roll that way.

OiRadio47

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Mishawaka
    Looky what I just brought home! Not going to make it to the range tonight, as my daughter is sick and not feeling good. Gonna try tomarrow night. Just dry firing it, I LOVE the trigger. I cant wait to shoot it. :)

IMAG0466.jpg

OiRadio47

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Mishawaka
    Put 150 flawless rounds through it. Trigger was great. I was more accurate with it, than any of my 5 Glocks.

The Kahr K40 didnt do so hot. Half a dozen failure to feed issues. I wanted to get 200 rounds through it, but stopped at 150. The trigger was amazing, and loved the gun. Hope it runs better next time out.

Top Bottom