• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Yeah this weather sucks for AIWB carry. I just had the same problem with the mag release on my CZ RAMI. Just switched over from a glock, it rusted too. The rear of the slide and rear sight mostly. I'm just being more cautious about keeping things maintained with oil every couple of days.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    damn! that's way worse than mine!!! I've been toting around a G42 in a IWB lately getting all hot and nasty... been keeping an eye on it...

gewehr3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    I've had very good luck using silicone gun cloths such as Sentry for keeping rust at bay on blued firearms.

91010.MAIN_372x400.jpg

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    Took it apart and oiled it up after finding the rust on the mag release. Then had a busy weekend of yard work and other outdoor work setting up for a big party. I was bent over a lot and sweating like a pig. I checked the gun and wiped it off at least once a day then found more rust the day after the party. This is a great little carry gun and I'm very happy with it but it'll definitely need more maintenance and maybe even a Cerakote job to put up with my sweat.

I was planning to buy a Glock 43 to compare to it this summer but my mower broke and there went my fun money. I'm looking forward to seeing what AIWB carry and my sweat does to a Glock. I bet it will perform well.

Jesus man, I'm one of those special people that sweat rust, and I've never had a gun get that bad... :):

Get a rag, soak it in breakfree clp, and use that rag to wipe it down once in a while. :dunno:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Just found the same problem with my Shield. Never had an issue until I started carrying AIWB. Guess it's something new to work into my routine, cleaning it there to keeping a close eye on it.

Top Bottom