• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thumperdogg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Hartford City
    Ok, so I am in the market for a 9mm Shield, but I have been looking for one for some time now to no avail. Sure, I could go and pay someone $500+ for one, but when the "real" retail is $400 why would I?

It is supposed to be an upgrade from a Sigma, yet a downgrade from a M&P and people are trying to ask more for it than the M&P. Makes sense to me, this does not.

Anyone know where to get one of these for a real price? I'm about to give up on it and go and buy a M&P 9mm compact. Looking at the specs I don't know why I wouldn't pick this one to begin with. Maybe just the hype of a new gun?

lipster

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2012
    Sure, it's new, and hard to find at first. If you want one for 4-450, you will find one, just not right this second.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I think it really depends on your carry requirements. If you can handle carrying a double stack then I would recommend it. If you are interested in the Shield because, as a single stack, it is thinner and easier to conceal, then no. I haven't heard anyone else describe the Shield as a step down from the M&P. It is just offered in a single stack compact which the M&P is not. It was designed specifically for concealed carry. Hence, it did not get the Military & Police moniker. At least that is what I understand from what I have read and heard.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    it really just depends on if you want a thinner gun with a better trigger than a 9c.

If I didn't normally carry this in my front pocket, I would just go with a larger framed gun and carry on my belt.

When carrying on the belt, I never really saw the big difference in the sub-compacts and compacts, because the barrel length is still going down your side. Even the grip lenght wasn't that big of a deal, so if I'm carrying on the waste, I'm taking the option with more rounds.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I haven't heard anyone else describe the Shield as a step down from the M&P. It is just offered in a single stack compact which the M&P is not. It was designed specifically for concealed carry. Hence, it did not get the Military & Police moniker.

I think you are referring to the S&W SD models.

The Shield is an M&P.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Well, I was referring to the Shield. Didn't realize it was an M&P. Just goes to show you... Thanks for the correction.

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    I like mine a lot, and I've turned down several offers on it. Probably the ONLY thing I'd trade mine for is a full sized M&P 9, and even that would be a hard choice to make.

avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    Being a Shield owner and a person who's fired nice pro series M&P fullsizes and one Sigma, the Shield is nothing like the Sigma. It's just a smaller single stack M&P with a different trigger.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    Stopped at PSS on my way home from work today, apparently they got 3 of them in today, unfortunately 1 sold earlier and as I was standing there some guy bought the other 2, Bob is selling them for $389.

Top Bottom