• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    I need to ship a car from Boston to Fishers, IN. Has anyone done this in the past and can provide suggestions. I might consider flying out and driving it back but it need tires and brakes and don't want to pay for that out there.

Advice?

Thank INGO

Tangowood

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Boone County
    Shipping a car

I have used uship multiple times and have had great luck and decent cost. The only thing i would say you need to worry about is if you are on a time crunch. Every time it has taken a couple more days than expected. go to uship post what it is where its coming from and going to and run the auction for 3-5 days.

Blackdog765

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    Also make sure the car is CLEAN when you drop it off, and have pictures from all angles of the exterior (and interior?) too. That way you can verify and damage if done. I've NEVER had damage or any issues, but that was recommended to me as a good practice - and I do it.

Timing can be an issue, but I usually pick times where the drop off has flexibility. It can vary some depending on several factors.

I've always found shipping to be cheaper than driving and an airplane ticket. Especially with the cost of gas these days.

Good luck.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    I had my FIL's car brought from California, some years ago, no real problems, it went smooth on a car-carrier. You need a place to recieve it that can handle the big trailer.

Tangowood

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Boone County
    Brakes

Did you locate a second Bugatti finally? If you fly me out there in the INGO jet I'll drive it back to Fishers.

Obviously you didnt read the original post. He said it needs tires and brakes..

Tires OK
    but people who drive Bugatti's dont need brakes so they cant be worn out.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    I sent one to a prince in Nigeria (he said the toyota corolla was a favorite of the royal family there).

I just have to send him another $4,325 so he can get it released from customs and then he'll pay me my $50,000 for it.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Obviously you didnt read the original post. He said it needs tires and brakes..

Tires OK
    but people who drive Bugatti's dont need brakes so they cant be worn out.

I'll pay for tires if I get to drive it back. It would need to brakes after I got it back to Indiana anyway. :)

$mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    I've done it a couple times. This last go round, they moved 2 cars from Indy to Texas. One of my cars wasn't tied down properly, it was the last car in the lower row. It got bounced against the upper deck leaving dents and scratches the entire width of the roof, about a 1" wide line.

The driver didn't notice when he dropped them off, but I spotted it (I didn't think to look at the roof, but it caught my eye). The driver's response was "Ohh $&@*! It wasn't like that when I picked it up. He took responsibility easily.

Reindeer Auto out of Indiana was the broker, but they tried to weasel out of everything. Tried playing games with everything to do with the repair and generally felt like they were trying to screw me. I ended up turning it over to my personal insurance to get repaired and let them bill Reindeer.

giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    I would hazzard a guess that paying extra for tires and brakes in boston and driving it back would still be cheaper than having it shipped. :twocents:

joncon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 30, 2013
    Bartholomew County
    I had a Henry J shipped from AZ. last summer, with no problems. I met the truck at a outlet mall off the interstate, so he wouldn't have to drive the back roads to my house. Although he said he would deliver to my door if I wanted.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    If you can get the whole thing into one of those flat-rate boxes from the post office, it's super cheap to ship. I recommend getting the large box.

Top Bottom