• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bersalover

Marksman
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Feb 14, 2011
    I have been looking and cannot find a list of where it is prohibited to ship ammo to in different states/counties etc. Does anyone know where this info can be found?
    :ingo:
    Many thanks

gds

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Lawrencburg
    Call UPS and ask them . I've shipped .223 through them . They require a hazmat lable saying small arms ammo . That was before the insanity started . It may be different now .

biggen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    You can ship ammo through UPS as long as you follow their labeling requirements. You'll most likely need to take it to an actual UPS hub, not one of their stores.
    But you can't ship it through USPS

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    If USPS allowed ammo shipping can you imagine the business they would make with those nifty little flat rate boxes?

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    Reading Comprehension Skills. He's asking for a list of places where he cannot ship ammo.

There is no location in America where you cannot ship ammo. Ship it UPS and follow their instructions. You do not need a pre-printed label. You can use a marker and draw one on the box. Draw a rectangle, write "ORM-D" inside it, and then write "Cartridges" above the rectangle and "Small Arms" below the rectangle. It must go ground. You will have to take it to a UPS hub. You cannot go to a "UPS Store", etc.

Bersalover

Marksman
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Feb 14, 2011
    Thank you, your right I am trying to find out where it is not legal to ship to.

Reading Comprehension Skills. He's asking for a list of places where he cannot ship ammo.

There is no location in America where you cannot ship ammo. Ship it UPS and follow their instructions. You do not need a pre-printed label. You can use a marker and draw one on the box. Draw a rectangle, write "ORM-D" inside it, and then write "Cartridges" above the rectangle and "Small Arms" below the rectangle. It must go ground. You will have to take it to a UPS hub. You cannot go to a "UPS Store", etc.

cook4army

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    I also know that when Ive purchased ammo online, the sites will tell me that ammo cannot be shipped to NY, MA, Chicago, NJ, HI, DC.

I think thats all of them, I may have missed one or two

gemihur

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I hate surprises.

After making a deal with an online shooter, I can't count how many times I've rec'd a package and found violations contained within. I wish more people were as concientious as you and determine what is allowed and what is not! Thanks for your posting. :rockwoot:

Top Bottom