• ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I don't get it. I sent a part off to a gun company to have it repaired. It cost me $5.50 including insurance to mail it with the U.S. Postal Service. The part has been repaired and they are shipping it back to me via UPS for $12.75. I sure wish that these companies would check a little to see who will ship it more inexpensively before spending my money.

Armed Eastsider

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    United [STRIKE]Package Smashers[/STRIKE] Parcel Service signs my check every week so I better just keep my mouth shut on this one.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    I could never figure it out either. I wanted to buy some decals for a electric train once that cost $1.00 for 20 of them. They wanted to ship them to me UPS for $5 when they could put them in an envelope with a stamp for around 50 cents. Thats why sometimes the good "Internet deals" ain't so good.

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    Many times I have asked a part to be send USPS and usually get my way. If you complain loud enough, they may just cut the price to make you happy.

I'm gonna have to try this the next time I order a part. I always thought it was non negotiable with companies because THEY may get better deals working through 1 company and getting extra cash from the higher shipping rate.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I've had very good dealings with this particular company over the years. I called in to pay for the repair today and asked them if they could ship via USPS for a lower cost. They said that they would, although it would take a couple of days longer, since they don't get to the Post Office every day. I told them that it would be fine, as I wasn't desperate to get the part as fast as possible. Looks like I'll be saving a few bucks after all:rockwoot:

louielouie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Columbus, IN.
    You are dealing with people who just want to take the quickest, easiest way to ship (for them) and are not necessarily concerned with spending your money.

My guess would be on the gun part repair that since most firearms must ship UPS or Fed Ex they probably have an automatic pickup by UPS and all they have to do is print the label and put the box in the pickup location at their office.

I think they should be more conscious of spending the customers money but customer service (overall) in the U. S. is not great.

louielouie

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I ship about 350 small packages a year, every single one goes USPS. About 15% of the packages are going overseas. USPS takes great care of my stuff. I have had bad experiences with the others...and was glad to see DHL fold up.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    However you go, it's still cheaper than gettting in a car and driving it there yourself. Even cross town, my time and gas are still worth a lot more than even the most premium way to ship things, and for the most part, if you pack it right, most packages will survive the trip.

Last edited:

WhitleyStu

Keep'em Scary Sharp!!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Whitley County/Allen County
    I don't get it. I sent a part off to a gun company to have it repaired. It cost me $5.50 including insurance to mail it with the U.S. Postal Service. The part has been repaired and they are shipping it back to me via UPS for $12.75. I sure wish that these companies would check a little to see who will ship it more inexpensively before spending my money.

The higher cost of return shipping is covering the employee labor to package, insure, and ship your part. It is high, but that is why it is usually listed as Postage, Handling, and Insurance. This is how all my Midway invoices read.

drygulchdan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2011
    Franklin
    I believe Midway USA has started a service where they will send the small parts cheaper through USPS. I think more companies should follow suit.

Top Bottom