• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lowriderjim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Huntington
    A friend asked the best way to ship a hand gun to Texas. This is a gift not a sale between brothers from Indiana to Texas.

I told him I wasn't sure but that I knew where to find our.

Let me know io I will be happy to pass the informatin to him.

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    It must go through an FFL. Gift or sale doesn't matter when crossing state lines. It's easy to do, just find a FFl near the bro in Tx that will receive from a non-FFl, have him e-mail or fax a copy of his paperwork and then take the gun,un-loaded and un-sealed, to the post office. They will look at the paperwork and gun then seal and ship it. I think it's around 25 bucks +/-

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Or you can ship it FROM a local FFL dealer here, to another FFL dealer in Texas.

I don't know why, but some FFL's will NOT accept a delivery of a handgun from a non-FFL?

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    All firearms transactions, sales or gifts, between residents of different states has to go to an FFL in the receiving state. Long gun and handgun alike.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    USPS is a no no

It must go through an FFL. Gift or sale doesn't matter when crossing state lines. It's easy to do, just find a FFl near the bro in Tx that will receive from a non-FFl, have him e-mail or fax a copy of his paperwork and then take the gun,un-loaded and un-sealed, to the post office. They will look at the paperwork and gun then seal and ship it. I think it's around 25 bucks +/-

Only licensed individuals can ship a handgun via the USPS and it has to be to another FFL. A #1508 form needs to be filled out by the shipping FFL and brought to the post office before they will accept the package. UPS might do it but make sure you tell them you are shipping a handgun. Worth the cost of the FFL to be safe.

Last edited:

westfork

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Ellettsville
    usps priority mail is the cheapest way to go if the FFL on your end will do it that way. it has to go FFL to FFL. get the right size flat-rate box, add insurance and signature confirmation and it should come in around 25 bucks depending on the size/value. should probably take 3 days or so to get there.

as for ups or fedex - be prepared to pay dearly. they require handguns to go next day. i shipped one that way yesterday to the tune of $63.

i've shipped several through usps without a problem but decided on one of my recent auctions to offer next day as a perk to the bidders... i only charged the buyer $25 for shipping knowing i would eat a little bit of the sale on shipping next day. probably not going to go that route again!

Top Bottom