• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • srad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Elkhart/Bristol, IN
    Goin huntin. The Shipshe show is always a good one, and always packed to the rafters with people. Can't imagine how many folks are going to be going through the doors this weekend since demand has gone off the charts.

Given its a BIG sellers market with prices adjusted accordingly & I ain't planning on selling... might as well go and get a doe to fill the freezer and get a couple more backstraps for those special meals.

srad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Elkhart/Bristol, IN
    Is this a pretty good/big show? Lots of items? Wondering if its worth the haul from Hammond. :dunno:

It's usually a really good show; lots of tables with private vendors and commercial gun shops representing. I've found some really good deals there in the past from everything A-Z. Collectibles, modern, militaria, knives, reloading, and decent food :D

Picked up a few hundred rounds of S&B 7.62x25 for $8/box of 50 last year along with a Beretta Tomcat and P3AT, holsters, grips, mags, etc. over the past couple of years.

Lots of regular folk walking around selling their own firearms too. Missed an AMT Backup .45 last year that a guy brought to a vendor table that I was browsing, practically nib with 2 mags. He was looking to get $200 for it.

Can't imagine how packed it's going to be this year though.

Nappanee has an excellent show too a couple times a year.

mdemetz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    NW Elkhart Co.
    Yes average crowd and the smallest show vendor wise I've seen there. Lots of empty tables/spaces. Nothing in the side hallway or the side room by the museum.
    Looked like there was plenty of ammo including 7.62x39 abd 223. ZX had a seperate table just for ammo and a line. Reloading guy sold all his 223 bullets($13/100 Hrn bulk) in the first hour. Primers $35-$45/K.

BluePig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Middlebury
    Oh, what times we live in.
    Couldn't get near ZX at all.
    Heard one person say that there was 50 people wait to get their 4475 called in.
    Saw a guy carrying a M1A around and asked him what he wanted for it.
    The guy said $5000 and didn't bat an eye as he said it.
    I just shook my head and walked away.
    There were alot less tables than usual.

cesna250

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 12, 2012
    Warsaw
    So there was one in Fort Wayne, Kokomo, Shipshewana and Louisville this weekend??? Wow. My brother went to one in Missouri and said it took 3 hours just to get inside.

Top Bottom