• ...and so much more!
  • Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    South County Guns is just a couple of blocks south of 30/41. He charges $30 (reasonable for this area) and is a good guy to work with. Also, if you get more than one gun transferred at the same time, he only charges $10 per additional.

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    South County Guns is just a couple of blocks south of 30/41. He charges $30 (reasonable for this area) and is a good guy to work with. Also, if you get more than one gun transferred at the same time, he only charges $10 per additional.

Thanks. They are fairly new, forgot about them. Do they have a nice selection in their store?

I understand that dealers want us to buy from them, but it seems like making $75 for filling out some papers is also a pretty good racket.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I haven't been to the new store as it only opened yesterday (?), but I hear it's larger and has more of a selection than the previous location.

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    Charging $75 is a tactic to get you to buy the gun from them...Gander Mtn did the same thing. However, if we were price matching a gun to another shop (when I worked there, who knows what they do now), we were told to add $25 to the price of the gun to "account" for the transfer fee if the customer had purchased it from another shop. The fact that we were only supposed to match local shops where you wouldn't have a transfer fee was ignored.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    The going rate at many places in NW Indiana is $50, but some do charge $75. One local shop charges $50 unless you are buying from Bud's or CTD, and then they charge $75. :dunno:

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    So what is the over all price on that block 43? Probably not such a good deal now.

Here is some free advise, take the time to get to know the mom & pop stores. Talk to them like how you would like to be talk to. Find out what their fees are. Never transfer anything at a big box store.

fuzzy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2013
    In NWI, I have been using Indiana Defensive Firearms in Schererville. Very nice people and very quick. Typically pick it up the same day it arrives and they will be charging $25 in 2016.

ckyoursix

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    Over by there
    Cabela's have told me that they would match prices with a brick and motar store, but not online stores. I have spoken with the people at IDF,and they seem to be very nice and pleasent. I do not think I could order a firearm online with a credit card # (scary very scary). In my mind cash is always king. Rathole your your money, and when the price is right, buy baby buy.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I try to purchase guns with credit cards as often as I can (but only if they do not do the 3% upcharge). The Chase points really add up that way. My Chase points have bought me two guns.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Hey I just noticed I made to 50. I guess I'm in. Whoo Whoo.

tumblr_lzx3ahGwqm1qalcu6o1_r1_500.gif

Just teasin' ya. Welcome. :)

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    Dang, you would think someone could grab an FFL, charge 15 a transfer and make a killing up there. I mean, it wouldn't work in Indy because they already do that, but if people are charging 50 a pop up there, I would consider making it a side business.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    FFL at Tomlinson's, Churubusco, in NE IN costs $35. Dan Konow in the Fort charges $25.

I was able to negotiate a purchase at Gander Mountain. GM was asking $625 for an FNH FNS-9, but when I showed them an ad for the piece for $499 at Buds, and explained I could get it for $524 after paying the FFL, the salesman agreed to match my price.

Never hurts to talk to folks, show them the alternatives. Might save some cash.

Top Bottom