• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I recently bought a Rem 870 Express with the extended mag tube and 18' barrel. I put a 12 LOP Speedfeed stock and a Hogue forend on it.

I've been shooting it as much as I can. Doing some amateur trap shooting at the range. And some target shooting on paper and cardboard. My aim has improved since I started a few weeks ago.

And all I can say is that I'm having a blast. I had no idea how much fun shooting a shotgun is!

I think I'm going to buy another later. Something a bit nicer.

My goal is to get very accurate with this thing. It'll probably take a while, and my bruise won't go away. But it's still wicked fun!

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I've got an old winchester model 12 that will leave the worst bruises you have ever seen in your life. After about 50 or so rounds one day, I had a bruise from bicept to sternum and from shoulder to below my right pectoral. It was YELLOW.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    That is awesome, never seen anyone shooting trap with an 18" barrel - I bet that is awesome. Keep it up :)

I said "amatuer" trap shooting as in backyard trap. I'm sure I'll suck it up once I try the real thing.

If the gun is bruising you, you're doing it wrong.

I have the butt against the meaty part instead of my shoulder. I'm sure I'm still doing it wrong though.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Ok. I'm game. I have through 1k+ rounds over two or three days in classes multiple times and not been bruised or sore.
    Oh, it's a trap. It will have a long ass LOP and no recoil pad.

But still, only 50 rounds and bruised like that is a bit much. I am guessing shorter person met up with a longer gun. Even the Model 42 (.410) will bruise people within a couple rounds when shouldered wrong. It is just too long for the average shooter.

Top Bottom