• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    This is what happens when you don't have the butt of a shotgun where it is supposed to be when you pull the trigger. 3.5" shell out of a Benelli Super Black Eagle II. I had to reposition quite a bit to get a shot on my turkey yesterday morning and didn't want to move more than I absolutely had to so I let it fly. It's quite tender today but oh so worth it!

IMG_2046_zpsed1d23fa.jpg

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    That is why I do not shoot 3.5 inch shells or anything thing with magnum in the description. :>) LOL

Want to shoot my 45-70? Just kidding. LOL

Sorry to laugh, but......

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    The worse thing I pulled the trigger on was my cousins 416 with some loads he worked up for bear. Wow! lol. You do learn to pull it up tight after a few rounds! Glad you got the bird! The bird not the bird bird :D

Last edited:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Quite alright to laugh, the guys I was hunting with did and I did also. I wasn't about to risk loosing a shot at that bird. I shot a coyote the day before and didn't even feel the recoil but I sure did with that thing resting on my bicep, lol.

Nim

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2013
    Falls City Area / Clark County
    I also had a it of bruising the first time I pulled the trigger on my 12 Ga. Never shot one before but the learning curve is quick. Nearly knocked my over backward. Loved the holes in the target left by the Dbl O-O shot.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Quite alright to laugh, the guys I was hunting with did and I did also. I wasn't about to risk loosing a shot at that bird. I shot a coyote the day before and didn't even feel the recoil but I sure did with that thing resting on my bicep, lol.
    Well at least you didn't go prone and start rolling around like Bruce Willis...............even if you do have the same hair cut.

The Turkey would argue that you had good tactics.

RedThunder

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Indy-North
    Ouch! That had to smart. As they say, no pain...no pain, get a better recoil system and proper position!

However them turkeys can be veeery tricky said Elmer..

Roscoe38

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    at least you didn't get your cheek too... but I suppose you weren't close to your riser when the bird died. I've had the same bruise on both cheek and shoulder.

Top Bottom