• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lewisjt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99.1%
    113   1   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Hancock Co.
    Sad stuff. I just got done reading an article in Rolling Stone about crimes on a base in Colorado commited by soldiers w/ PTSD.

I hope this isnt something of the like.

Integraholic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    At home
    I just realized that this is the same town where Suzanna Gratia Hupp's parent were killed in that large shooting in a restaurant. For those that don't know what I'm talking about, here. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhozRN87VRA]YouTube - Suzanna Gratia Hupp second amendment[/ame]

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    7 killed, 12 wounded at Ft. Hood in TEXAS

7 killed, 12 wounded in Texas shooting | General News | Comcast.net

7 killed, 12 wounded in Texas shooting
    10 minutes ago 
Share No Thanks Must Read?Thank YouYes 477
    • Email Story
    • Discuss
    • Print
    • Digg
    • Del…
    • Plaxo

HOUSTON — At least seven people were killed and 12 wounded in a shooting at the Fort Hood, Texas, U.S. Army base Thursday, local media reported.
    One gunman was in custody and another was on the loose at the military base, one of the largest military installations in the world, local media reported. There could be a third shooter involved, MSNBC reported.
    An Army official confirmed the shooting, which occurred on the same day as a graduation ceremony at the base. But the official gave no details on the number of victims.
    U.S. President Barack Obama has been briefed on the shootings, and the White House is monitoring the situation, a White House spokesman said.
    The attack happened at the Soldier Readiness Center at Fort Hood, according to the FOX 4 television station.
    The base is currently in lockdown mode, according to Fort Hood's website.
    Fort Hood is halfway between Austin and Waco, about 60 miles from each city, in Texas.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Hearing 30 wounded now...Military processing center, sad stuff. RIP to those killed, a speedy recovery to those wounded, condolences to the families and a long and painful death to the shooters...

cagilber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    CNN Live just reported 12 dead, 1 of them a gunman, 1 gunman in custody, and one still on the loose. This is from a Colonel at Fort Hood
    :patriot:

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    update... 9 Dead, 27 Injured.

Can't believe Obama is actually going to speak about it...

Well, he is the President, like him or not, and they are technically troops under his command. I think it's appropriate that he speaks even if I think he is an idiot.

Update, one shooter killed, he was a soldier. Two other suspects arrested, also soldiers. 12 dead. 31 wounded. They aren't sure if it's over yet. WTF? I'm so angry and upset. This is nuts.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    UPDATE!!

BREAKING NEWS
    NBC News and msnbc.com
    updated less than 1 minute ago

At least 12 people were killed and 31 others were wounded in a mass shooting incident Thursday at Fort Hood, Texas, military officials said. The shooter was shot to death, they said.
    More shots were reported later in the afternoon, reported NBC affiliate KCEN-TV of Waco, which said no further details were immediately available.
    A senior administration official told NBC News analyst Roger Cressey that the suspect who was in custody was an Army major with an Arabic-sounding name. The official said the shootings could have been a criminal matter rather than a terrorism-related attack and that there was no intelligence to suggest a plot against Fort Hood.
    Story continues below ↓advertisement | your ad here

It was unknown whether the victims were all soldiers or civilians at Fort Hood, one of the largest military complexes in the world. The base was on lockdown, as were schools in the area.
    KCEN, which quoted a source as saying at least one of the shooters had a high-powered rifle, reported reported that at least four SWAT officers were among those wounded.
    A spokesman for Fort Hood said the shootings took place at two locations around 1:30 p.m.: the Soldiers Readiness Processing Center and Howze Theater.
    The spokesman, Sgt. Major Jamie Posten, said processing center was where soldiers “cycle through as they prepare to deploy.” That complex is on the West side of post, off Battalion Avenue.
    Greg Schannep, an aide to Rep. John Carter, R-Texas, who was on the post to attend a graduation service, told the Austin American-Statesman that a soldier with blood on his uniform ran past him and said a man was shooting.
    The Temple Independent School District was on a “soft” lockdown. Parents were asked to pick their children up at the normal times, although they could experience delays.
    Fort_Hood_TX.gif
    Agents of the FBI and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives were on their way to the post, federal officials said.
    Fort Hood is adjacent to Killeen, about 60 miles northeast of Austin. The sprawling complex is home to at least 4,929 active-duty officers and 45,414 enlisted. Civilian employees total nearly 9,000.
    A spokesman for the Army, Lt. Col. Lee M. Packnett, said he was unaware whether security measures were put in place at other military bases. A spokesman at Fort Lewis, Wash., said the incident was being treated as isolated.
    President Barack Obama was briefed on the shootings, press secretary Robert Gibbs said.
    Homeland Security spokeswoman Sara Kuban said officials from several federal agencies are still collecting information on the shootings. "Because this is early in this event, we cannot at this time confirm motives behind these shootings," she said.

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    I just listened to Obama on the radio. I don't like him, but I don't think he did that bad. I'll reserve my disdain for him until he says something that really drives me mad, again.

What makes me nuts is not knowing WHY these guys opened up on our soldiers. I want to know, NOW. Right now, we don't know if it was a terrorist attack, PTSD, or what.

Update: Just heard the guy was using two handguns and not a rifle. So, depending on where he got the guns, let the anti-gun people begin.

Update 2: An Army Colonel, recently returned from Iraq, said he deployed from there a year ago and that they usually were armed at that point in the shooting location, just without ammo. So weapons were accessible, ammo was not supposed to be. We shall see. This is F'd up!

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    Shooter's name: Major Malik Nadal Hassan

I think that may change the dynamic of this a bit.

Okay, I only heard the part of the Obama speech regarding Chief Something Crow, which I was okay with. But, apparently he was at a conference and spoke about the shooting, at the end. That makes me angry. If he had started out with with the thing to Chief Whoever, that's fine, I can deal with it, could be better, but I have seen worse from presidents. But, to start out with the subject of the conference and not the attack on our guys, not cool. Rookie mistake, maybe, I think he should probably fire his speech writer, or replace his teleprompter, it must be broken. How bout a big cup of FAIL Mr. Prez.

Now they are saying the shooter was a recent convert to Islam. WTF?!?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom