• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Criminals are dumb, trying to rob a gun store. That's like trying to break in and rob a police evidence locker, I hear there are lot of drugs in there!

Sad that the co-owner was injured, but good he shot the 3 trying to rob him.

Informed Decision

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Evansville
    Guess they thought the numbers were in their favor....WRONG!! Kinda shows what well armed & on home ground will do for you. Sorry the owner was hurt. Hope he pulls through quickly!

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    It would seem that a store that offers training, may be staffed by trained people. And I think this must have been the case, for one of the stores owners to shoot 3 of the 4 robbers.
    It's just too bad that he didn't get them all, and that he is in critical condition himself. But it does go to show, how stupid criminals can be.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    This case should illustrate how hard self-defense is even with a gun. The good guy died after shooting three robbers. Too often I see overconfident gun owners (yes, on INGO, too) who think if they carry (or open carry!) they'll be magically protected from harm. Death is still close at hand, and that's reality.
    You're right. I'm gonna stop carrying a gun.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011

Do whatever you want. I'm just talking about a situation that sucks (having a gun in a gunfight) and a situation that sucks even worse (having no gun in a gunfight). The crazy conclusions that some people come to!

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I goggled up the story and read it from several different news sources. Even though they all say about the same thing I couldn't get over some of the stupid comments by people about the poor guy defending himself. "He should have just given them the money," "He who lives by the gun.......," blah, blah, blah. It's really disgusting when idiots quote statistics that give much greater odds of people hurting themselves than using a gun for successful self-defense. Even if the stats would be correct if just one person saves himself or another that's all that counts. There's no way in Hades that I'm going to lay down and give it up for somebody pointing a gun at me. Most creeps are lousy shots and if I can land at least 1 .45 slug in the dude he's gonna be hurting. I might die but hopefully there will also be "weeping and gnashing of teeth" in some formerly alive funky boy's household too.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    It's true that you're more likely to die by your own gun than at the hands of a bad guy statistically speaking. (Most gun deaths are suicide.) The question is whether or not you're wiling to take that risk in order to have a chance at defending yourself.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    goggled up the story and read it from several different news sources. Even though they all say about the same thing I couldn't get over some of the stupid comments by people about the poor guy defending himself. "He should have just given them the money," "He who lives by the gun.......," blah, blah, blah.

What they seem to overlook is that besides the money, the owners prevented a lot of weapons from getting in the hands of criminals.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    This case should illustrate how hard self-defense is even with a gun. The good guy died after shooting three robbers. Too often I see overconfident gun owners (yes, on INGO, too) who think if they carry (or open carry!) they'll be magically protected from harm. Death is still close at hand, and that's reality.

^^THIS^^^

Don't get your panties in a bunch. Bingkey speaks the truth. I have been involved as a firearms trainer on the LE side for over 25 years with the Military, a municipal PD and now a Federal agency/ People don't like to hear this but most folks are not as prepared for a deadly force encounter as they think they are. Whether a full fledged Police Officer or carrying one a a civilian just because a Dad taught someone to shoot squirrels with a 22 back in the day. Or listening to that Uncle that was in the Army Guard for 4 years in 1977 doesn't count either, or for the younger crowd watching one of the boobs on youtube does not make one "prepared". We could go on and on. Everyone can do what they want but if they haven't been to a "Certified" Legitimate training course through ILEA, or any other vested places then they really are doing them-self and others a dis service.

Top Bottom