• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mike4sigs

Master
    Rating - 94.4%
    34   2   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Southern Adams County
    I am researching for an upcoming purchase of a pair of shooting glasses ! i shoot shotgun (backyard trap) pistol and rifle no competion in anything yet . and i think i want a pair of wrap around type with changeable lenses.
    looking for suggestion what do you use and any good outlets for them!

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    Here is a good thread on what other INGO'ers are using. I know that anytime someone sees a good deal, they tend to post it on the accessories/gear forum. Also, there is a member who has a 35% discount code for Rudy Project, but I can't remember for the life of me who it was. I will have to see if I can track them down.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/45327-sunglasses_brands.html

Edit: User notasccrmom posted the below a few days ago....I knew I saw it somewhere!
    notasccrmom
    Shooting glasses: (PM me for a discount code, 35% off)
    Rudy Project - Italian Crafted for 25 Years!

Armed & Christian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    MSG2 S.E. INDY
    Oakleys. Hands down. I have a pair of Minute 2.0 that are outstanding. Polarized, smudge-resistant lenses, snug (yet extremely comfortable) fit, 100% filtering of UVA, UVB, and UVC. They also meet Industry impact standards, which makes them a great choice for shooting as well as daily wear.

Completely worth the cost.

If you are an LEO, military, or in EMS, you can get substantial discounts through Standard Issue.

gmviso

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2009
    NE Indiana
    I bought a pair of Remington T-71 glasses. Yesterday while at an indoor range which has partitions separating each shooter position I had powder blow into my face from the next stall. It was from a .357 Magnum shell. The glasses saved my eyes but the powder seems to have permanently marred both lenses.

msquared

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    Smith Factor Max!

Best glasses I have found for anything outdoors are the Smith Optics Factor D Max. They come with 4 colors of lenses. They are between $100 to $150 depending if you get polarized or not. Their "ignitor" lens is amazing for hazy days. Best part is if you do manage to scratch a lens, you can get replacements for $40 - $60 per set, so you dont have to buy a whole new set of glasses.

I found these when Oakley discontinued the only frame in their line that fit my fat head. I have been very happy with them.

manufacturers link: Factor Max Sunglasses at Smith Optics®

reasonable priced link: Smith Optics Factor Max Polarized - Free Shipping

danglearms

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Mooresville,IN
    ice

i have some ice (i think) from galls.com. they have changable lenses. come w/ clear, yellow & grey. very cofortable to wear. i also use a set to ride my harley, that way i can change lenses if i'm out too late

notasccrmom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    south 'til you smell
    Definitely check out Rudy Project. Lots of lens choices, unmatched lens clarity, impact resistant, RX-able, adjustable frames, the list goes on... If you don't like them, Rudy offers a 90 day money back guarantee.

They support us shooters too! Use the code 2alpha at checkout to receive 35% off and a free Rudy Project hat.

Rudy Project Sunglasses, Goggles, Helmets And Gear! | e-rudy.com

Please PM me if you have any questions.

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    I have the ICE system (changeable lenses) from ESS and really like them. I have also heard very good comments about the Rudy Project glasses too.

Top Bottom