• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JWAS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Dayton
    Seems pretty straight forward to me. The officer had enough probable cause the stop the guy, then the suspect refused to listen to the officer, then fought back. Plus he grabbed his gun while fighting the officer. You cant draw your gun (plus have your finger on the trigger) and not expect a police officer to shoot you. I interned at Cincy Prosecutors office for a year and lived in Cincy for 3 years, sadly police having to defend themselves there isnt that rare. (thank God it isnt a common occurrence either though)

68kidd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hanover
    not sure what i saw at 2:10 and after on the surveillance footage. I lived in Cincy for over 30 years and have friends on the force there. yes thank God it isn't a common occurrence.

JWAS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Dayton
    Yeah, a few of my college friends are now a part of some of the PDs around cincy. Either way, i still say that it is sad that it had to happen this way, but the officer really did seem to try his best to keep the kid from drawing the gun, which would have prevented the officer from shooting him. I just also watched the video about the sister trying to make his brother look like a victim of a police hate crime... I'm sorry, what was your 16 yr old brother doing with a 9mm hi-point??? Sad to say, and some may disagree, but a 16 yr old having and carrying a gun like that sounds somewhat strange while hanging with a bunch of friends in a public place.

Side note, is your pic of you shooting at the North Vernon range???

Last edited:

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Shades of Timothy Thomas...why is it in Cincy, whenever a poor urban youth is packing heat and gets gunned down by the law...we're showered with stories of what a saint the kid is, and how he sings at church.

You couldn't PAY me enough to spend 5 minutes in downtown Cincy. That town sucks.

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    Reality
    Shades of Timothy Thomas...why is it in Cincy, whenever a poor urban youth is packing heat and gets gunned down by the law...we're showered with stories of what a saint the kid is, and how he sings at church.

You couldn't PAY me enough to spend 5 minutes in downtown Cincy. That town sucks.

Must be because to the media, guns are evil not those using them...

JWAS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Dayton
    Yeah the media is stupid like that.... as one of my proffessors said, and I quote, "if guns kill people, then that means pencils misspell words".
    Downtown cincy isn't too bad.... its kinda weird.... you will have a nice street, then the next one be crappy, then the next be good again.... lol.
    Any "big" city is going to have more noticed problems plus there are areas being hot spots for police too.... but yeah, won't disagree about the violent crimes being something I didn't worry about at nights after a game or concert.

Top Bottom