• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cowgirl.sdm

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Johnson County
    this is way too close to home for comfort. Glad it came back up where I could be reminded.

Congratulations on the good outcome, Tucker.

I am there with you on the too close to home part. My son goes to school in this area, and I am saddened that kids get messed up with Meth. I have known too many that have messed up their lives for being on drugs.

tucker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2011
    This is just an update on our shoot in Trafalgar. There were no criminal charges. The thief filed a civil suit against my wife and myself. Summary judgement threw the case out from state law that you can't sue and benefit while committing a felony (admitted guilt in court). The case was covered by my homeowners policy because he was going for negligence. The insurance company attempted to get out of covering us because of intent. That's where we spent money to go after my insurance with another attorney to keep them covering us. So 2 attornies were working for us, 1 paid by the insurance co. And the other by us to fight the insurance company to keep the first working. Moral of the story is you do have the right to protect yourself, family and property. Or you can stay home wait for your local LEO. You will probably only get a report after the stealing because our LEA did not want to be proactive and CATCH these guys when it was blatantly obvious they were returning. I choose to catch, it's a personal choice. Don't judge. Just make sure if you ever get your guns out of your show lock box to possible use for saving your life that your insurance covers your choices. There are policies out there just for that. I'm looking. Oh, one other thing don't vote for Cox.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    This is just an update on our shoot in Trafalgar. There were no criminal charges. The thief filed a civil suit against my wife and myself. Summary judgement threw the case out from state law that you can't sue and benefit while committing a felony (admitted guilt in court). The case was covered by my homeowners policy because he was going for negligence. The insurance company attempted to get out of covering us because of intent. That's where we spent money to go after my insurance with another attorney to keep them covering us. So 2 attornies were working for us, 1 paid by the insurance co. And the other by us to fight the insurance company to keep the first working. Moral of the story is you do have the right to protect yourself, family and property. Or you can stay home wait for your local LEO. You will probably only get a report after the stealing because our LEA did not want to be proactive and CATCH these guys when it was blatantly obvious they were returning. I choose to catch, it's a personal choice. Don't judge. Just make sure if you ever get your guns out of your show lock box to possible use for saving your life that your insurance covers your choices. There are policies out there just for that. I'm looking. Oh, one other thing don't vote for Cox.

Thanks for the update Tucker. Don't be such a stranger. Keep us in the loop on how your insurance issues are going and what you come up with.

tucker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2011
    Thanks for the update Tucker. Don't be such a stranger. Keep us in the loop on how your insurance issues are going and what you come up with.

This is the final outcome on the shooting 3 yrs ago. Chittum suit against us for negligence (while he was in jail for his crime) was thrown out at the summary judgement hearing (2 weeks after hearing). His attorney from ken nunn office tried to submit there was an error in judgment by the judge in decision by the standards he referenced. My attorney was getting ready to rebut but the judge stepped back in before our reply and threw out his request again. Chittum attorney then had approximately 30 days to file appeal. They gave up at that point.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    This is the final outcome on the shooting 3 yrs ago. Chittum suit against us for negligence (while he was in jail for his crime) was thrown out at the summary judgement hearing (2 weeks after hearing). His attorney from ken nunn office tried to submit there was an error in judgment by the judge in decision by the standards he referenced. My attorney was getting ready to rebut but the judge stepped back in before our reply and threw out his request again. Chittum attorney then had approximately 30 days to file appeal. They gave up at that point.
    Good for you Tucker!
    a win for the good guys!!!

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I completely forgot about this incident, it's close to home for me as well. Glad everything finally worked out, took way too damn long, but glad they worked out

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Thanks for sharing your story. I've always said that if people choose to carry a gun, they need to add about $10K to their household cash reserve if possible. Lawyers, both criminal and civil, will cost, and the better lawyers will cost more.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles

I just can"t believe that it took 3 years, to sort this out .....

I have a question, did they consficate your weapon, and how long did it take to get it back ?????

Top Bottom