• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Of the two ranges I shot at in 2020 near the end of the year started seeing less and less shooters. The number of AR shooters really taking a nosedive. Shot last Sat. and only one other shooter showed up and he had a bolt action in some kind of 17 cal.

I still try to shoot every weekend. I usually fire far less rounds than most , even when ammo was plentiful , so that helps.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Well if you wouldn't have hoarded all the ammo maybe there would be more at the range.

:stickpoke:
    I'm sorry. I learned my lesson back in "94" and decided to get into reloading. Even now that is super expensive. Still more fun than playing golf.

Reactions: KG1

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    I have been to couple of ranges i belong too a couple times a week, seeing no signs of shooting, but people are stopping by to see if anyone has ammo for sale? I have been testing new loads in pistol and rifle so i will know how my back up powders will run.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    My son and I normally go there every other weekend, except the winter. I don't care about the cold and mud but it's hard for the the little ones keeping their hands warm and nose from running.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Just curious, why did you decide to get out of the platform?
    Mostly because I wasn't shooting it. It was set up for longer ranges/prairie dog hunting and I never did any of that.

I'm in the process of reducing my gun ownership as I head into a different chapter of my life so I have a few that I inherited from my father which are mostly safe queens, and two pistols that are the ones that I shoot regularly.

I'm a minimalist type person that does not have a lot of discretionary income so I'm not sure that shooting anything is in my future considering the cost of the sport currently.

I may regret selling that AR since I don't own anything that is past a 100 yd gun at this point, but I did what I did.

Top Bottom