• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Good guy 1, Bad Guy 0....again. Looks like the Good Guy was prepared to do what he had to do to defend himself. Kudos to him for being able to draw and fire even with a gun pointed at him.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    What always annoys me is how they make a point of saying "no charges are pending against the victim". I mean, that's a good thing, but it pretty much should be assumed if you are reporting on a story where an innocent person defended themselves against an armed robber.

I know, I know, it's not as simple as that. It's just an annoyoance for me, that's all.

23mar03

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    The problem that I have with these stories is that the BG continues to SURVIVE! When will one of these air stealers just do the community a favor and succome to their wounds?

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    The problem that I have with these stories is that the BG continues to SURVIVE! When will one of these air stealers just do the community a favor and succome to their wounds?

Sounds like in this case it was due in part to the good guy stopping after the perp told him he had a fake gun. Luckily he had already incapacitated him to the point that that fake gun (which turned out to be real) couldn't be used against him.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green

That is 'cause the Good Guy was probably using a 9mm. If he would have used a .45 or a 10mm... :draw:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    You could argue a .25 IS a fake gun. However, three shots to the chest guarantees a fatal hit (I just can't help myself)

I'm confused as to the charges. The guy pulls a gun and victim loses five rounds or so of self-defense ammo. How is that "attempted" robbery?

SHEEPdOHdoubleG

Plinker
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    East Central Indiana
    You could argue a .25 IS a fake gun. However, three shots to the chest guarantees a fatal hit (I just can't help myself)

I'm confused as to the charges. The guy pulls a gun and victim loses five rounds or so of self-defense ammo. How is that "attempted" robbery?

I don't the three shots guarantees a fatal hit part? But, I do agree with the latter part of your post!

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    The shooter voluntarily parted with the rounds. ;)

I guess you could say the guy "strong-armed" his way into possession of the rounds, but that seems odd.

Anyway, in most places the penalty for an attempted crime is the same as the actual crime (except for murder). So, it doesn't matter much.

Top Bottom