• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Littlejoe

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Elrod Indiana
    I have been looking a kit from CAA RONI that will turn your Glock handgun into a Short Barreled Rifle. It looks like a good idea and a fun gun to shoot. You don't have to change your gun in any way. It goes together in like 5 seconds. They have a price of $399. It said you have to register your gun once you put the handgun in it. I don't know what all that means or what has to be done to make it legal. Does anyone on here know anything about doing this?? Is it worth the headache ??

Thanks,
    Littlejoe

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I have been looking a kit from CAA RONI that will turn your Glock handgun into a Short Barreled Rifle. It looks like a good idea and a fun gun to shoot. You don't have to change your gun in any way. It goes together in like 5 seconds. They have a price of $399. It said you have to register your gun once you put the handgun in it. I don't know what all that means or what has to be done to make it legal. Does anyone on here know anything about doing this?? Is it worth the headache ??

Thanks,
    Littlejoe

It's a $200 tax stamp and about 8 month of wait time.
    Not sure which form it is, but they want to know everything about you.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    SBRs are federally regulated. So you'll need to first register your Glock as an SBR, which requires the $200 tax and 8-month wait time. Once you've received the approved forms you can then purchase the RONI kit and affix it to your Glock. In a nutshell.

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    If Magpul would make theirs I would spend the $200, and buy a Glock :):

[video=youtube_share;D99NHb6B03s]http://youtu.be/D99NHb6B03s[/video]

easy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    SEOK
    Register first. Possession of parts is 'constructive intent' and thus a felony. Doesn't matter if you intend to assemble or not prior to approval.

Littlejoe

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Elrod Indiana
    Register first. Possession of parts is 'constructive intent' and thus a felony. Doesn't matter if you intend to assemble or not prior to approval.

The ad on there web-site said it was legal to own as long as I don't assemble it. I don't always believe what I read. I am glad I ask this question on here. I was getting ready to order one. Is this law different from state to state or is that a Fed. law??? I don't want anything to do with a felony. Thanks so much for your help guys.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Eight months? That would be awesome. Dealer told me 18 last week for my cans. Wouldn't you have to have the Glock first, for the serial number, even if you didn't have the rest of it?

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    So much for shall not Infringe LOL.

No kidding. Just what is it about the stock that makes a pistol more dangerous? The feds should be taken to court to prove their case for regulating/infringing the purchase and building of SBR's. When you add a stock to a pistol it certainly becomes LESS concealable, less mobile, and more accurate. Never in the history of guns has a weapon been considered more dangerous or "menacing" simply because it is accurate.

There currently needs to be a distinction between long guns and handguns because we have laws restricting the public carrying of handguns, while allowing the carrying of long guns without a license. So why don't they just set a barrel size that differentiates long guns from hand guns? Why do they regulate shoulder stocks? The only reason is to prevent us from having what we want--and that is absolutely infringement. Not to mention that paying $200 and waiting up to a year goes way beyond regulation, and certainly qualifies as stifling.

Top Bottom