• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    This may irritate some of those who follow my stories because I am starting a new one but have others which I have not updated. Sorry!!

Pinned Down has me trying to deciding which way to take it.

Next 5 Minutes has me suffering from writers block and the flow of ideas that runs through my head isn't allowing me to concentrate on either of them.

Out in the cold is still brewing and this will be a new story from a totally different perspective.. Enjoy..

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    As I lay here in a pool of my own blood taking my last breath I exhale watching the fog of my breath wisp around and disappear like fleeting clouds in the breeze after a storm .

I find myself wondering what it will take for someone to survive this chaos and to live out a peaceful life dying of old age..

As things went silent, consciousness was lost, my soul and energy leave my body things feel warm…

Last edited:

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    9 Months back…

Waking up early on a Saturday wasn’t something she enjoyed, but when your cycle is blooming you got to change the plug.. After taking care of the monthly hygienic needs of a womanin her 20’s Alexandra, whom everyone referred to as Alex, was thinking of food.

Walking up in the small rent controlled apartment her Great Aunt left her overlooking 6
    [SUP]th[/SUP] avenue was cozy for one person but she longed for the open spaces of the mountains....

It was nice to open the window and look down the street at the greenery of Greely Square but it was a still chilly beingonly late March.

Last edited:

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Alex was a graduate of the college by the park.. Guttman Community college. It sat across the street from Bryant Parkwhich was located behind the New York Public Library only a 7-8 block walk fromher apartment.

There hadn’t been many jobs listed anywhere in the hundredsof news papers and other online sources Alex had been using to look for a job.. Her double associates in philosophy and liberal artswould not land her a job that out paid her current job working for one of themany cleaning contractors who serviced the Empire State Building offices. She needed more school.. A Bachelorette or Masters would be muchbetter at securing a career position.. For now it was cleaning.. But shewas looking into classes at Mercy College since it was just around the cornerfrom her apartment and they offered a few options that would further hereducation into a career.

Her job wasn’t nasty toilets.. Not any more.. When she started the supervisor had put heron bathrooms, she quickly worked her way into a position that didn’t involve cleaningtoilets..
    Mirrors and surfaces were much better. She was very good at her job not wastingtime. She would don her head phones and take off walking to work every night at 9. She would work through the night cleaning mirrors,windows, counters and desks.. She didn’tlet herself get distracted by cell phone messages, social media or anything todo with her phone. In fact, she would leaveher cell phone in her locker before starting her work. All she needed was her supplies andher music. The others she worked with allsnuck their cell phones with them while they worked. The smart ones had the camera angles workedout and kept a schedule to allow them time to duck out of sight and check in onfacebook, instagram, twitter or to text or call their families and loved ones.

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    Any story that starts out talking about a women's menstrual cycle doesn't hold much promise in my estimation. On top of that I'm not getting sucked into another of your unfinished stories. Adios.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    yeah, because in real life, women never have a menstrual cycle, ESPECIALLY during a SHTF scenario. Ever.

Cozy439

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Milan Center
    Brand new story.
    Starts with a taste, a tease; a very minor almost none existent taste and not really any tease of story line...other than maybe that shes in NYC and don't wanna be there.
    And now 3 weeks w/o anything new.
    Your tales are NOT bad, but you are getting Faster at leaving us hanging, disappointed......

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Sorry all, Holidays, work and some unexpected personal issues have kept me from getting this rolling. Look for an update soon.

And for anyone who wants to stomp off in a huff please don't let the proverbial door smack you in the keister.. LMAO some people..

Oh and for those who might need a road sign, the opening was blood from wounds, not menstration, which tied into a flash back in time to a cycle, blood was the link..

Coming on to explain that things have happend to keep me from continuing the story and reading pissy comments isn't a motivator..

I will write this at my own pace, like it or leave!! I have two full time jobs, one of which is my own business, I have family and a personal life, I guess I should write the whole story first then put in out here bit by bit rather than as I do a segment post it.

Might have to find a more appreciative audiance on another site or just say to heck with it all anyway...

Last edited:

easy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    SEOK
    Icarry2 - some people would look a gift horse in the mouth. Screw them! I appreciate the effort. :bow:

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    As she worked her way from the window to the fridge she realized she hadn’t been to the grocery nor had she placed an on-line order for deliver. Frustrated about the possible lack of easy to prepare food she looked at the clock on the microwave before she opened the fridge to confirm her hunch. At 12:48 on Saturday most restaurants and take out places would be busy.

Well just as Alex suspected, there was very little in the fridge that looked easy to prepare, on to the cabinet. Ah, cereal,her favorite, Honey Combs.. Reaching for the box she wondered if she had milk,or if so was it fresh.

This new guy she had been spending time getting to know had her off her normal schedule. Pulling the box down with a little shake to confirm there was enough to quiet her grumbling stomach she reached with her other hand to open the fridge and see only a small amount of skim milk left int he carton, but, next to it was a substantial amount of 2% chocolate milk. “Hmmm, Haven’t had this mash up breakfastsince I was a kid” she thought to herself.

As she sat the milk and cereal on her little kitchen tablet her phone buzzed. Must be Brian, the new man in her life. He worked for the power company as a junior engineer. A wonderfully under paid overworked position but he was glad he had a job. Alex picked up her phone and scanning the message she realized she was late for lunch. She had promised him she would meet him for lunch early this morning before she went to sleep but had been so tired she forgot.

She replied,“ sorry, forgot, was soooo tired” and then text, “Come to my place and we can go somewhere local, have to get cleaned up.” As she hit send his text “LOL, workaholic!!” came in. Her reply a standard “you know it” and then he text “be there in 35”

She quickly put the cereal and chocolate milk away and headed for the shower with an upbeat to her step. She really liked this guy..

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    As she stepped out on to the sidewalk Alex knew she was in for a treat. Brian made decent money but lived in Queens, in a rather crappy 5 story walk up.

He always offered to come to her so when she said come here she knew he would say ok and it would give her time to get cleaned up.

Not more thana few seconds after Alex started looking down the block, here came a cab with the new focus of her emotions..

As the cab pulled to the curb she walked towards the spot where Brian would step out but the window came down, then the door opened and Brian motioned as he said “getin” without a thought Alex jumped in and as the door shut Brian gave the cabby an address Alex had not heard before, “20 east 76[SUP]th[/SUP] Street, Café’Boulud” Alex looked at Brian and with a curious look on her face asked if this was an expensive place to which Brian replied, “don’t worry about it” and then the subject changed to her sleeping late..

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    After their excellent meal, Alex asked Brian if they could walk home to work off the food. Brian looked at his watch and nodded yes as they walked out of the restaurant.

On the walk home they talked about a lot of different things. Seeing homeless people panhandling for change prompted a discussion about surviving. Alex was not one to put much stock in thinking ahead and being prepared. Brian was a country kid who grew up on a farm outside Pittsburgh where he and his family had always canned food, raised meat animals and been able to survive cold winters when the power was knocked out.

Alex replied to some of the conversation as she always did, nothing bad will ever happen, things will always be fine. Brian pointed out how things had became more violent, with terror attacks and naturald isasters hurting the US economy. Alex just shrugged it all off saying it would be fine. She was in love and that is all she could think about. Brian who also was in love was trying to make his most important person in his life understand.

She wasn’t getting it..

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    They walked by a young mother holding a baby not more than a few months old who was breast feeding her child sitting at a bus stop. Alex pointed it out and said to Brian, see, everything is taken care of.

As they walked along the sounds of sirens and horns became louder and louder, as they turned the corner in front of Alex and Brian the sounds were explained. What looked to be a car chase, a taxi who they later found out had been car jacked and was running from the police. Three cop cars chased the taxi as it slid around the corner out of control and slammed into a business store front.

“Oh my God”Alex shouted “There were people in there” and with her hands covering her mouth she realized that Brian had instinctively herded her into a side alley opening between two buildings for cover. Brian and Alex stood in disbelief of what they had just witnessed. Sirens still going off, police with guns drawn rushing into the now crashed up store front in search of the driver. As Alex and Brian stood watching it was evident that there were many people hurt. They over heard one police officer standing near the back of the taxi which was halfway into the store front radio that they needed EMS and Fire to help extricate people.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    I may post the rest of what I have written but this along with the other stories I have may be put into a compilation. I am thinking about modifying them to all be about the same "event" but from the different perspectives.

Stay tuned...

Top Bottom