• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Okay . .. thanks to our illustrious president and the jackals who were in Congress when Obamacare was passed, the health coverage I've had since 1993 is terminated as of 31 JAN 2014. I was finally able to get a new policy for which I will pay a lot more, but since I was unable to do it before 15 JAN 2015, it is not effective until 01 MAR 2014. Yeah, I completed the application on 17 JAN 2014, so now I will be uninsured for the first time during the month of February.

So, I want short term policy to cover me for February. Years ago, this was a relatively simple process. Because of all of the recent changes in the law, carriers like Anthem BC/BS and Humana no longer offer short term policies in Indiana. I've been trying to find something else, but it's an irritating process trying to do it online, especially since I have no idea how to gauge the veracity of the companies whose names I do not recognize.

Is anyone here an insurance agent who can sell a short term health policy for one month? Or do you know one?

Thanks!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Looks like the underwriters who still offer policies in Indiana won't cover anyone who is diabetic (or one of the other short laundry list of conditions) for even one month.

This is ridiculous.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Just curious here. You have a preexisting condition that costs X dollars a month. You want a 1 month policy with a premium that is $X - $Y?

Hank in Indiana

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2009
    South Central In
    Sorry to hear that you signed up too late. My obamacare policy is a thousand dollars a month less with better coverage than I had before. I've been with Anthem since 1993 and I now have a lower deductable and lower out of pocket with the same providers. Check with your local insurance brokers, Maybe they know of someone that provides policies monthly.

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    Sorry to hear that you signed up too late. My obamacare policy is a thousand dollars a month less with better coverage than I had before. I've been with Anthem since 1993 and I now have a lower deductable and lower out of pocket with the same providers. Check with your local insurance brokers, Maybe they know of someone that provides policies monthly.

Just curious how your policy is so much cheaper? I'm at $2,000 more for the same policy. What am I doing wrong?

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Just curious how your policy is so much cheaper? I'm at $2,000 more for the same policy. What am I doing wrong?

My guess is you are not old and in relatively good health. You are 'spreading your wealth around' so to speak.....

Hank in Indiana

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2009
    South Central In
    I'm old enough for obamacare but not old enough for medicare. When I get old enough for medicare I'm going to sign up even though its a government taxed health care program. When I get old enough I'm also going to sign up for the government taxed retirement program called social security. I'm not going to wait until its too late and blame the politicians for not getting my benefits.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I'm old enough for obamacare but not old enough for medicare. When I get old enough for medicare I'm going to sign up even though its a government taxed health care program. When I get old enough I'm also going to sign up for the government taxed retirement program called social security. I'm not going to wait until its too late and blame the politicians for not getting my benefits.

If it wasn't for the politicians it wouldn't be an issue.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Apparently they are double charging me to give you yours for way less. Any other entitlements you signed up for at my expense?

I'm seriously considering going without insurance. Pay the penalty and stay healthy.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Just curious here. You have a preexisting condition that costs X dollars a month. You want a 1 month policy with a premium that is $X - $Y?

I do have a preexisting condition. I wasn't being picky about prices or coverage when I was looking. I couldn't find anyone who 1) still sells short term health in Indiana that 2) would sell to anyone who is diabetic (or a few other conditions).

My husband has this for now: Individual & Family Health Insurance Quotes | Assurant Health
    I can give you the name and phone number of the person he talked to there if you want.

Thank you! If you could send a PM with that information, I would appreciate it!

For what it's worth, the deductible on my policy that goes into effect on 01 MAR 2014 is about seven times what the deductible was on my insurance I had since 1993. The premiums are a little lower, but it covers 0% of everything including medications until I meet the deductible. What I actually pay each year is going to be more than what I paid before, with worse coverage. How much more remains to be seen.

Top Bottom