• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    My dad got a really good deal on a NIB Stainless Beretta 92FS at the 1500. He wasn't expecting to buy anything, but just couldn't pass up the deal.
    He's always loved the 92FS anyway.

I drove over last night and we gave it a quick clean. Took it out to our range and shot a little bit. I haven't shot one in such a long time. So I forgot how much fun they are to shoot.

I don't know why some guys don't care that much for the 92FS. I really enjoy shooting them.

I'm going to have to add a Beretta to my wish list now...

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Metal guns have a certain "something" about them. The Berettas are fun shooters. Good amount of heft to soak up, light slide for less reciprocating mass makes for a bit less flip. It's a great design.

It's a damn shame Beretta discontinued the Brigadier and Elite models. :(

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    The BERETTA is a B I G gun for a 9MM, & i think they lost alot of fans when the slides were breaking, cause the military was using very hot ammo thur them

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I am a fan of the 92 Beretta. They are very nice shooters, They are not compacts, but the size makes recoil handling easy. I have both the 9mm and the model 96 (.40) They are a joy to shoot. I cannot say when, but Beretta redesigned the slides and the locking blocks a long time ago to better tolerate the NATO spec ammo. I like to run 15 lb recoil springs instead of the standard 13 lb springs for a little more positive lock up (as per the Army Marksmanship Unit) I am still kicking myself for selling a Brigader Elite that was extremely accurate. All 5 that I have owned feed everything that I reload or buy. People who have never owned one keep telling me they that they are junk. I keep putting lots of bullet holes in the small rings on the target, I have never felt it was a substandard pistol. I am glad that you are enjoying yours.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Awesome guns....even the ones I was issued I never had a problem with on matter how beat up they were. It's still my favorite, along with 1911's.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    My dad got a really good deal on a NIB Stainless Beretta 92FS at the 1500. He wasn't expecting to buy anything, but just couldn't pass up the deal.
    He's always loved the 92FS anyway.

I drove over last night and we gave it a quick clean. Took it out to our range and shot a little bit. I haven't shot one in such a long time. So I forgot how much fun they are to shoot.

I don't know why some guys don't care that much for the 92FS. I really enjoy shooting them.

I'm going to have to add a Beretta to my wish list now...
    I can't imagine anyone not liking the 92FS, but maybe it is more about the caliber. I believe the 9mm is fine, with the right bullet. In ball form it just does not create enough tissue damage and stopping power in my opinion. If the military could load up with some nice JHP's, different story. They are very well made guns.:twocents:

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    My best friend's first handgun was a 92FS. We shot the **** out of that gun and he traded it in for his Cougar .45. He still misses that gun and so do I.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    necroposting

I have a 2 kids with BIG hands and I'm getting 1 and possibly 2 Beretta 92F's and I'm wondering what the differences is between the F and the FS models are. Anybody a GURU? Needin' some knowledge here.:):

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    The most accurate 40 cal I ever owned was a 96G,It was a tack driver .I still kick myself for trading it away.Recently got a 96 Brigadier Inox & hoping to have the same warm fuzzy feeling when I was tearing up the center of my targets

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    I have a 2 kids with BIG hands and I'm getting 1 and possibly 2 Beretta 92F's and I'm wondering what the differences is between the F and the FS models are. Anybody a GURU? Needin' some knowledge here.:):

IIRC, the 92FS uses a bigger hammer pin that sticks out just a bit and reduces the chance that the slide will come back and knock your teeth out if it cracks.

Top Bottom