• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mellow

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Harrison County
    I did a second day of target shooting yesterday evening with my Glock 19.
    100 rounds Winchester White Box FMJ 9mm 115gr
    10 rounds Winchester PDX1 BJHP 9mm 124gr +P (My defense ammo, this stuff is expensive)

15' away from a 8.5x11 target
    With the FMJ ammo, my shot grouping was right around the center of the targets where I have been working to keep it.
    I noticed that my grouping with the 124gr +P was way off, tight grouping, but about 4-8" to the bottom-left of center.

Can anyone tell me why the PDX1 preferred to go to the bottom-left compared to the FMJ? Has anyone else seen this effect?
    Common sense tells me it was probably the +P/heavier grain/ and Glock barrel Riffling, but I would like to know more, and perhaps some physics of why it did that.

Last edited:

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I hate PDX1 ammo. It doesn't expand reliably. Put a pair of jeans against a water jug and catch the bullet with phone books. I have never had one expand like that.

I would say trigger control as well but I haven't shot a Glock before so that may be your problem ;) Try out a good single action capable pistol and see if it improves.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    You're anticipating the recoil and pulling the gun down and left as you pull the trigger.

I do that to with my G19 when I get lazy. I can shoot great groops all about 2" low and left of center.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Can anyone tell me why the PDX1 preferred to go to the bottom-left compared to the FMJ?

Unless you shot from a bench rest, I'm gonna say that your problem is most likely mental. You think "big scary +P round" and start flinching and yanking that trigger down.

Try benching it and see if you get the same results.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    I hate PDX1 ammo. It doesn't expand reliably. Put a pair of jeans against a water jug and catch the bullet with phone books. I have never had one expand like that.

I would say trigger control as well but I haven't shot a Glock before so that may be your problem ;)

Try hornady critical defense and speer gold dot

and... :facepalm:

Gogawgs is right...

attachment.php

Top right sounds like anticipating recoil for the regular rounds. Bottom left sounds like anticipating by overly squeezing.

Top Bottom