• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Noblesville
    I've been interested in reloading for some time, but recently broke down and bought my press and other supplies in December. I made a small batch (50) of 45 ACP in a couple different powder volumes to function test everything before i started loading any real volume. I was pretty nervous and anxious about how things would work out having never really shot hand loads before. Made it to the range today and I'm pretty excited that everything worked flawlessly in my 1911 and XDS. I've got a feeling it's going to be a pretty addictive hobby, maybe even more than shooting itself. Thanks to anyone on here that gave me any advice or inspiration to start handloading, I'm hooked already!

sgtonory

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 10, 2012
    Carmel
    Good for you. Started reloading in April of last year and have loaded a few K of 45acp so much cheaper to shoot. What kind of bullets are you using?

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Noblesville
    These first few were 230g Lead round nose Vance bullets from the 1500. A buddy spotted me a few to get started, I plan on buying the similar product from indiana bullet co in the future, and also gearing up to try and cast my own.

I used 4.1, 4.3, and 4.5g of titegroup with federal primers. Once fired brass.

The 4.1g was pretty perfect, I will probbaly dial it back to 4.0. It really felt smooth in the xds, I was very happy about that.

Engalwood

Expert
    Rating - 95.7%
    22   1   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Greenwood
    Nice man!!!! Thinking about getting into it as well. Have a friend that has all the giddy up. I just got to buy supplies 8-)

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    I was so excited making my first reloads that I still have the first five bullets I made.

Congratulations and it's all fun now that you can just walk past the shelves full of factory ammo and grin.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Noblesville
    I was so excited making my first reloads that I still have the first five bullets I made.

Congratulations and it's all fun now that you can just walk past the shelves full of factory ammo and grin.

man i didn't even think to keep a couple. Oh well, they were fun going down range. You're not kidding about the factory ammo, it'll be great to not have to deal with searching and paying for that anymore.

tallend

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    I have been loading/reloading,and building custom ammo for years(45+)-----------for many years,I built custom and obsolete, metalic rifle/pistol ammo----and blackpowder shotshells(for sale)---------------had to stop selling,as the cost of insurance was more than my profit...
    I still enjoy building some of the wildcat ammo------and still load BP shotshells to hunt with

Time in the loading room,ALMOST as much fun as being on the range useing the ammo you loaded

Top Bottom