• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bassbro1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2015
    Sunny Valley
    The shotgun is a 12 gauge pump. I thought I had a picture but I can't find it but it said on the barrel Field something. I am looking to find parts for this as the owner hacked the barrel and the butt stock and the magazine tube spring needs replaced.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Looks like it could be a "Westernfield" shotgun.
    These were "hardware store shotguns" produced for many different distributors.
    If it says Westernfield, it is a Mossberg model 500.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Hmmmm....looks more like a Remington 870 clone than a Mossberg 500 clone to me. The Mossberg 500 has the safety on the back of the receiver, not on the trigger guard.

bassbro1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2015
    Sunny Valley
    I got another look at it. It says Field Classic on the barrel. It also says High Standard, Hamden Conn.U.S.A. I found info on another site on the High Standard, but nothing about the Field Classic. Shotgunworld.com ? HIGH STANDARD SHOTGUN QUESTION. I have heard High Standard is not in business anymore but any info will help. I am thinking I may just have a piece of junk shotgun that I am scared to shoot.

bassbro1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2015
    Sunny Valley
    Thank you 451_Detonics. So I did some extreme digging and just found the manual. So we can learn more about this gun together. The * on the barrel legend (*-Full Choke, **-Modified Choke, ***-Improved Choke, ****-Skeet Bore, No Mark-Cylinder Bore). Looking through the parts list in the manual I go to Modified Choke Delux 28", look across to CAT. No. 8133, Model K-121. So I head to Blue Book of gun values (thank you again) and find out it was made between 1966-1972. then I notice that the manual was 2/72. So basically I found info. I still thank everyone for all their help. I think I may have a junk gun cause the barrel is not 28" anymore, the buttstock is cut down as well, the shell chamber is extremely loose, the pump slide is extremely loose, the magazine spring is week and I don't feel like fixing everything to have a $100 dollar gun. It doesn't even look mantle worthy. I am just wondering if I should sell it to an unsuspecting person for $100 and be done with it.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Sell it as a beater gun. No reason to be even a little misleading on it. Someone will still be interested. The barrel not being 28" anymore isn't necessarily a problem. It simply means that it has been cut down. It appears to be legal length and if the bore and crown are okay, then it shouldn't be an issue. The short stock likely means that it was used by a smaller person (woman/child/etc) at some point. Replacing the spring should be pretty easy. The last two items will be something that the buyer will have to deal with. You will have a lot more info to offer than you originally had.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Gander Mountain. Not known for the best prices on firearms.

Snuffy- bassbro1 is from Oregon and GM doesn't have any stores west of Colorado.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Thank you 451_Detonics. So I did some extreme digging and just found the manual. So we can learn more about this gun together. The * on the barrel legend (*-Full Choke, **-Modified Choke, ***-Improved Choke, ****-Skeet Bore, No Mark-Cylinder Bore). Looking through the parts list in the manual I go to Modified Choke Delux 28", look across to CAT. No. 8133, Model K-121. So I head to Blue Book of gun values (thank you again) and find out it was made between 1966-1972. then I notice that the manual was 2/72. So basically I found info. I still thank everyone for all their help. I think I may have a junk gun cause the barrel is not 28" anymore, the buttstock is cut down as well, the shell chamber is extremely loose, the pump slide is extremely loose, the magazine spring is week and I don't feel like fixing everything to have a $100 dollar gun. It doesn't even look mantle worthy. I am just wondering if I should sell it to an unsuspecting person for $100 and be done with it.

It's nice having a decent gun library....

View attachment 41135 View attachment 41136

Top Bottom