• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    What? Read what I wrote...actually read it this time.

I am absolutely not stating that.

I am stating that the sovereign citizen movement is an inherently right-wing movement, and that it has a documented history of violence.

I am saying the "pro-life" movement is inherently right-wing, and has a documented history of violence.

I am saying that leftists have (and do) commit violence, but they aren't the only group that does so.

It isn't the left or right that creates violence...it is the people that identify with those ideologies. There is nothing in the liberal platform that condones killing congressmen any more than there is in the conservative platform.

Saying "we don't do stuff like that" is not only disingenuous, it's counter-productive. Regardless how we have gotten here, we aren't going to see any improvement unless we work toward a viable solution. We aren't going to get there if all we have is disdain and blame.

[...]
    The sovereign movement is inherently anti-establishment, including "moorish science", which places it firmly in the right-wing. Leftists want more goverment (of their own politicians, of course), not less.
    [...]

What did I misunderstand about that?

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    What? Read what I wrote...actually read it this time.

I am saying the "pro-life" movement is inherently right-wing, and has a documented history of violence.

Is 11 since 1993 a "history"?

That's like one or two left-wing incidents worth.

I feel like you're denying that there's a difference to the escalation here. The numbers are pretty obvious to anyone who's not being intentionally obtuse.

do you have a link for that?

I think he's talking about this.

Church organist arrested in post-election vandalism at Episcopal congregation in Indiana

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Which seems like another pattern. In the past couple of years it seems like there have been a lot of "hate crimes" that almost always turn out to be leftist fakes.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Is 11 since 1993 a "history"?

Yes.

That's like one or two left-wing incidents worth.

I feel like you're denying that there's a difference to the escalation here. The numbers are pretty obvious to anyone who's not being intentionally obtuse.

There's plenty "intentionally obtuse" to go around here.

I am not denying that there has been a recent escalation. I'm not denying that leftists have been the more aggregeous players recently.

I am also saying the right is not immune from blame here, and that should also be apparent to anyone not being "intentionally obtuse".

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    The "pro-Trump" church fire in Nashville, IN brings that consideration readily to mind.

Couldn't find that. I did find this.

161102-mississippi-church-burning-1101a_cbca976d8d143a137f946184db8a0e0a.nbcnews-ux-2880-1000.jpg

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Yes.

There's plenty "intentionally obtuse" to go around here.

I am not denying that there has been a recent escalation. I'm not denying that leftists have been the more aggregeous players recently.

I am also saying the right is not immune from blame here, and that should also be apparent to anyone not being "intentionally obtuse".

That seems to be the case when we're discussing events that happened literally less than 48 hours ago and you're cherry-picking 20+ year old history to prove that the other side is just as bad. C'mon, man.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    We will be up on the Madison Ave. overpass (465, southside) tomorrow from 11am - 1pm. This is a Pro-Trump rally. Could get interesting. The Overpasses for America Indiana Chapter is requesting people openly carry because some of their members feel threatened.

I fully expect our right to peaceably assemble to be respected.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    That seems to be the case when we're discussing events that happened literally less than 48 hours ago and you're cherry-picking 20+ year old history to prove that the other side is just as bad. C'mon, man.

All we are doing is talking past each other.

I have never made the case that the "other side" is just as bad, go check what I have actually written. You want that to be my argument but it isn't, no matter how badly you interpret what I wrote.

I AM making the argument that no "one side" is solely responsible for creating the crisis in which we find ourselves today. Lots of players, from lots of political disciplines have been feeding the animosity we are all mired in now.

Right-wing "personalities" have been shouting "second amendment remedies" for over a decade now...is it really such a surprise that the right's political opponents think that the right wants violence? Does it surprise you that some might take it upon themselves to act violently in opposition of that suggestion?

Our nation's political elite and punditry have been playing with fire for years now...and only now are they seeing that they might have to reap some of that which they have sown.

We aren't going to be able to fix this issue if we refuse to look at the totality of the situation, and address as many of the root causes as possible. It's up to us as much as anyone...the left isn't wholly to blame for our current woes, and they don't have the resources to repair the damage done themselves.

We aren't here solely because Liberal politicians suck...we are here because most American politicians suck and have spent decades dragging our system down with them. We have watched as our ruling class spent some 40-plus years sowing the wind, no one should be surprised at the arrival of the inevitable whirlwind.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

Has anybody mentioned the crusades yet? I feel like someone ought to mention the crusades. :):

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    All we are doing is talking past each other.

I have never made the case that the "other side" is just as bad, go check what I have actually written. You want that to be my argument but it isn't, no matter how badly you interpret what I wrote.

I AM making the argument that no "one side" is solely responsible for creating the crisis in which we find ourselves today. Lots of players, from lots of political disciplines have been feeding the animosity we are all mired in now.

Right-wing "personalities" have been shouting "second amendment remedies" for over a decade now...is it really such a surprise that the right's political opponents think that the right wants violence? Does it surprise you that some might take it upon themselves to act violently in opposition of that suggestion?

Our nation's political elite and punditry have been playing with fire for years now...and only now are they seeing that they might have to reap some of that which they have sown.

We aren't going to be able to fix this issue if we refuse to look at the totality of the situation, and address as many of the root causes as possible. It's up to us as much as anyone...the left isn't wholly to blame for our current woes, and they don't have the resources to repair the damage done themselves.

We aren't here solely because Liberal politicians suck...we are here because most American politicians suck and have spent decades dragging our system down with them. We have watched as our ruling class spent some 40-plus years sowing the wind, no one should be surprised at the arrival of the inevitable whirlwind.

Funny you mention the right-wing people thing. Noticed it today.

Happened to be on the road mid-day today, so radio was on WIBC. Dana Loesch apparently had a sub in, and the guy was saying that this was the "Battle for Alexandria" of Civil War II, we're now in a new Civil War, it's them against us, they came for us and they were the only ones that died, etc...

I mean... really? **** like that isn't violent rhetoric? Talking like we're in a new Civil War?

We see it on INGO all the time... people here think a little less about self-defense... and more about hoping someone comes at them so they can retaliate with force. I mean, it's the internet, people are going to talk big... flex the e-peen a bit... but there's definitely a group on the right just itching to put all those guns to use.

Top Bottom