8620 E. 21st Street
    Indianapolis, IN 46219
    www.in.gov/isp
    FOR RELEASE: Upon Receipt​

Sgt. John Perrine
    Public Information Officer
    317-899-8287
    DATE: September 8, 2023​

Greenwood, IN - An Indiana State Police Detective was in the right place at the right time this afternoon to arrest an alleged interstate shooter. This morning, at 11:17, Indiana State Police Dispatchers received an emergency 911 call about shots being fired on I-65 northbound near the 97 mile marker. The victim was able to provide a good description of the suspect's vehicle. Multiple Troopers rapidly deployed to the area and strategically positioned themselves to intercept the suspect vehicle. An ISP Detective happened to be on I-65 in an unmarked vehicle near the location of the call. The detective located the suspect vehicle, a white Nissan, on I-65 northbound at the 107 mile marker, he followed the vehicle until other troopers caught up and together they pulled over the suspect. The Nissan was occupied by a driver and a passenger, both were taken into custody.
    Preliminary investigation determined the driver of the White Nissan allegedly fired shots at the occupants of a Suburu while driving on I-65. There were no injuries reported however investigators located damage consistent with bullet holes in the victim's vehicle. Investigators requested a search warrant for the suspect's vehicle and it was granted by a Johnson County Judge. A search of the vehicle revealed a handgun and marijuana.
    The driver, 24 year old Nasier Johnson of Lorain Ohio, was arrested on the preliminary charges of Criminal Recklessness, Intimidation and Possession of Marijuana. The passenger, 20 year old Armani Crooks of Lorain Ohio, was arrested for Possession of Marijuana. Both suspects were transported to the Johnson County Jail and incarcerated.
    The crimes listed above are alleged and all suspects are presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty in court. Theses arrests are based upon probable cause of a crime, actual charges will be determined by the Johnson County Prosecutor's Office upon review of the case.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    No high speed chase?
    No bailing and running while the car limps after stop stick deployment?
    No PITT with dramatic in car video?

Those Bugeyes are sissies. Hoosiers would've been all over the news!

jp411

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2023
    Indianapolis
    I caught a hit a run offender
    that way, got the car make and plate number, he cancelled his insurance 3 days after the incident, too late for him.

Methane Herder

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Pitchfork Union
    White Nissan allegedly fired shots at the occupants of a Suburu while driving on I-65.

50$ says it was an Altima with a space saver spare at one corner and a paper dealer plate.

Anyone, anyone, Buhler, Buhler?

MH

Top Bottom