• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    Finally after a long wait my Bravo Company Rifle came in at the local shop but they did not want to do the paperwork since it was not log in yet, with not knowing what is going to happen tomorrow is there any chance that I may not be able to get my rifle?

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    Finally after a long wait my Bravo Company Rifle came in at the local shop but they did not want to do the paperwork since it was not log in yet, with not knowing what is going to happen tomorrow is there any chance that I may not be able to get my rifle?

makes no sense. if i was a LGS and facing a potential situation like that, i'd want your ass in immediately so I could get my cash.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    It only takes as long to "put it in the log" as it takes to write or type it in. I'd plan on picking it up tomorrow and if they reused, I'd be asking for a very good reason.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow

What's happening tomorrow? Mayan Calendar Part II?

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    It only takes as long to "put it in the log" as it takes to write or type it in. I'd plan on picking it up tomorrow and if they reused, I'd be asking for a very good reason.

the WASR i bought friday wasn't even in their log. they put it in as I was waiting for NICS

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner

They can't sell it and log it out if it's not yet logged in.
    If that store (like many many others) is slammin' busy, they probably are backed up logging them in. Be cool. Just call in the morning and ask what time it might be ready...and then go.
    Everybody is on edge and being hurried... take it in stride until there's *really* a "something" to be worried about.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

I wouldn't be too concerned. A certain well known central Indiana LGS owner would receive new guns mid afternoon and would not check them in and put them on the shelf until the next morning even if he had buyers in the shop wanting them. If your are worried about the Big Zero, be there first thing in the morning. Seriously, even if he does try to EO any type of ban, I have never heard of any act of government taking place instantaneously.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    bet you anything it went up on gunbroker, or they got a better offer when they were unpacking it.

i seriously doubt you'll ever see your rifle.

cwagner1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    Man.....you're listening to the crazies too much. Nothing's happening tomorrow that'll keep you from getting your assault rifle or high cap mags (other than the general shortages and back orders).

President Obama is not going to enact any sort of executive order on an awb or mag cap. He's not able to do that. These two issues would have to pass the senate, house, and president. And it's going to get stalled up for a few weeks before getting to the house floor. And if it even reaches the floor from Boehner's desk, it'll likely almost 100% for sure get shot down by the Republicans. These two issues will be pretty much DOA.

Now, what he can do is executive order some stuff around background checks, personal firearm sales, etc... Just more **** laws to add to the 40,000 we already have that go unenforced. And they won't really effect you very much, and certainly won't affect you getting your ar.

So relax, you're all good.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    I wouldn't be too concerned. A certain well known central Indiana LGS owner would receive new guns mid afternoon and would not check them in and put them on the shelf until the next morning even if he had buyers in the shop wanting them. If your are worried about the Big Zero, be there first thing in the morning. Seriously, even if he does try to EO any type of ban, I have never heard of any act of government taking place instantaneously.

correct me if i'm wrong but NY action took place in the same day, and was effective immediately?

Sdixon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    Wayne county
    Id give them a day as others have said, maybe call in the morning when they open and say something along the lines of "This is Mr. So and so, and Ill be in today at x:xx time to pickup my rifle". Try to pick a time for pickup that isnt real busy for them.
    If that doesnt work Id call the manager or owner and talk with him.

0750turbo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 23, 2012
    Pittsboro
    correct me if i'm wrong but NY action took place in the same day, and was effective immediately?

Thats true, NY's new laws went through the house and senate very quickly. However, a federal law change of this significance will take much longer. As was pointed out above, only certain things can be done with Executive Orders. Additionally, any EO doesn't take effect for 30 days.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    bet you anything it went up on gunbroker, or they got a better offer when they were unpacking it.

i seriously doubt you'll ever see your rifle.
    I read that ^ in purple, but just in case my purplereader is broken:
    If it was a transfer in... he's already paid for it before the buyer shipped it. Doing anything with it (on the receiving end) after that would be "theft".

Top Bottom