• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    The birds could been shot in another state legally and brought here and dressed out then dragged off by another or just discarded there….some people only save the breast meat spurs, beard, and tail feathers

Many other states' season is already in…..
    I'm betting that story has been told a time or 350.

I'd call. I hate poachers and won't hesitate to do anything I can to make their lives as miserable as possible.

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    Could be Indiana resident turkey hunters hunting KY or Illinois bringing their kill back with them, taking the pertinent meat and beard, spurs and tail off and then disposing of the carcass here? Personally I would not contact the DNR.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I can't tell from the pics, were they gutted?
    If not I highly doubt they are out of state birds, I sure as heck wouldn't shoot a bird in another state and leave the guts in it till I got home

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Only one it is going to be an inconvenience for by contacting the DNR is you. Even if it was poachers they are not getting caught by anyone at this point.
    Exactly why poachers continue to get away with their criminal behavior. May as well just erase seasons and bag limits altogether as the odds of a CO being in the right place at the right time to accomplish anything.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I've hunted KY for turkeys many times. I've bagged birds the morning we had to head home. I've never, nor would I transport a turkey I killed three or more hours before processing it.

greg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Plainfied,In
    Name TWO and links to the court case.

I'd bet more than half the birds killed in this state are killed with in 100 yards of a bird feeder and half the other half are shot off the roost the night before.
    lol…. It doesn’t have to be just Turkeys I made a blanket statement about any game that is checked in through a check in system! There isn’t going to be any court cases if the person has told the truth.

Guarantee you there is more legal hunters than illegal hunters……

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Depends how strongly you feel about it. I wouldn't waste my time. I'm not involving myself with .gov in any capacity unless absolutely necessary. This is way, WAY down on my list of things to be concerned about.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Maybe the authorities can do better with poachers than they do with illegal aliens.....they don't do squat about foreigners living here with fake IDs and no car insurance....most poachers tend to be citizens with the ability to pay a fine so I'd say the DNR would jump right on this case...maybe put a couple of officers on it.....

1713452859635.png

Top Bottom