• ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Here we go again...:popcorn:

There's got to be dozen threads about this stuff. :rolleyes:

Hey, I'm just rehashing a bit of Mas' concerns.

If you have to go to trial for a shooting, you'd better believe that the weapon used will be gone over with a fine-toothed comb to determine if any alterations have been made. If so, then you'd better believe that a prosecutor will use that to paint you into a corner.

-J-

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    There's no gray area here.

You're justified in a shooting or you aren't.

Only in the event you aren't justified, would anything even be on the table for discussion, of this nature.
    Wrong.

There are tons of cases of justified self defense where the defender finds himself on trial for murder etc. Just because it was justified does not mean that you're not going to have to face a jury to decide that.

Spazstick87

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I see no problem using that pistol for a carry weapn however I agree that in a stressful situation you are more apt to make a mistake and maybe have an AD. If you have somethimg else maybe consider carrying it but if ur r comfortable with a light trigger pull I dont see an issue. Its really what ru going to be most comfortable with in a life and death situation

behiggie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    To the gent that PMed me. Thanks for the offer but I think I will keep it as is for now. ( I was not ignoring you the site wont let me reply sorry)

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    The only problem I'm aware of with a light trigger in a defensive pistol is that it could cause you to fire when you just wanted to maybe take the slack out of the trigger. However, if you're taking the slack out, you should be in a real bad situation.

You shouldnt have your gun drawn, aimed at someone, with your finger on the trigger... unless lethal force is justified I.E. you are in fear for your life. It makes little difference. Also, if they just put a 3.5 connector on it its not 3.5lbs... there are several other modifications needed to achieve this. It just makes it slightly more light 5.5 to 5lbs, and more of a "crisp" clean break.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I don't see why this would be an issue. I can't say that I know much about trigger pressure, as I am newer to guns. However, to my knowledge, self defense is self defense. As long as the gun is legal, registered and all, I don't see an issue. Personally, I'd rather have the better set up and have to explain it later, than to not and not be alive to explain it.

I guess I'd be in big trouble then, as NONE of my firearms are registered!

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    If you bought it that way...I wouldn't worry about it! If you did the modifications yourself, or had them done for you, then you have something to be concerned about! If it bothers you, have a 5# trigger re-installed...and take the worry out!

Just my :twocents: !

Top Bottom