• ...and so much more!
  • Steven

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2008
    Whitley County
    Yes join.
    Then call and opt out of any mail and/or phone calls you don't want. So easy a cave man can do it and faster than typing to complain on the interwebs if your are troubled by the junk mail and calls.

Some people enjoy getting that stuff ......some don't. Take control of your life, smile , be happy :) .

UK2K

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Yes join.
    Then call and opt out of any mail and/or phone calls you don't want. So easy a cave man can do it and faster than typing to complain on the interwebs if your are troubled by the junk mail and calls.

Some people enjoy getting that stuff ......some don't. Take control of your life, smile , be happy :) .

Good point! I forgot to add that advice, I opted out a few months back after years of cold calling. :yesway:

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    Like them or not, the bottom line is there isn't any organization which does as much for the 2A as the NRA. Glad I got in with the 300 dollar fee though a special via Glen Becks program. I believe it was during the Newtown time frame.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    ... Glad I got in with the 300 dollar fee though a special via Glen Becks program. I believe it was during the Newtown time frame.

I believe you are correct.
    I took that opportunity to sign up 3 nephews for Life memberships at $300 apiece.
    Seeing how the oldest of the 3 was 8 years old at the time, that was a HUGE savings.

Steven

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2008
    Whitley County
    Spam is the downside.

From the NRA website FAQ's:

Q: How can I reduce the amount of mail I receive from the NRA?
    A: Simply email us at membership@nrahq.org or dial 800-NRA-3888 and request to be placed on the "Do Not Promote" list. This will significantly reduce the amount of mail you receive without affecting important mailings, magazine service, or your membership renewal.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The pure hatred and fear that I see spewed from leftists tell me all I need to know about the success of the NRA. All gun owners should belong.

^^^ This right here! ^^^

[video=youtube;L49JRd2N0Ho]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L49JRd2N0Ho[/video]

FREEDOM'S SAFEST PLACE

Last edited:

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    Yes, you should join. Though they drive me nuts sometimes with the mail, its a worthy trade off. I do think since I got my lifetime it cut down a bit.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Join already and attend the annual meeting in Louisville in May. You can ask to be off their mailing list and after several weeks, the mailings will nearly stop.

Last edited:

BeDome

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    I allowed my membership to lapse about twenty years ago. After a while I missed the magazine and re-joined. They sent me a cool brass belt buckle.

It is still in plastic, might be worth something (to me) but who knows.

No downside in those days except for filling your mail box with slick paper.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    LIFE MEMBER and well worth the money!!!!! I've enjoyed their recent commercials. "American Rifleman" for the last 15+ years has always been informative.

one more

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    1500 for a lifetime membership seems high to me. That's 60 years. Im already 33. Might be worth the investment so you dont have to fiddle with renewing it every year. Maybe its just the 1500 price that scares me as a whole but anyway I joined for 2 years and will see how it goes.

Hello MegaTank, Yes 1500 seems high, but over 60 years the price of a one year membership will go up. But I think 1500 will seem cheap if a Government employee is at your front door to collect all your guns? A number of INGO members have giving you good advice here. They offer deals and payment plans. I got my Lifemembership at the Valpo Gun show on the payment plan. I have also worked my way up when they would offer a deal. And I just moved up to a Benefactor Member. I also got the Mrs a Life Membership.
    Everyone on INGO should be a member. When I upgraded mine, I also signed up 5 friends and in the past have signed up a number and a couple of Life Members.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    Hello MegaTank, Yes 1500 seems high, but over 60 years the price of a one year membership will go up. But I think 1500 will seem cheap if a Government employee is at your front door to collect all your guns? A number of INGO members have giving you good advice here. They offer deals and payment plans. I got my Lifemembership at the Valpo Gun show on the payment plan. I have also worked my way up when they would offer a deal. And I just moved up to a Benefactor Member. I also got the Mrs a Life Membership.
    Everyone on INGO should be a member. When I upgraded mine, I also signed up 5 friends and in the past have signed up a number and a couple of Life Members.

I agree with what you are saying, they are the largest force fighting for our gun rights. If it's gotten to where they are at my door taking my guns, the $1500 would have been a waste because my guns are gone!

Top Bottom