Should Indiana adopt constitutional carry of handguns?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Or, we could take the time we'd spend swaying a silly poll and use it productivity to contact our representatives and push them to vote our interests.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I voted YES .....

People prohibited from carrying a handgun, would still legally not be allowed to do so .....

21.7% voted this way .....

46.7% voted YES .....

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I voted YES .....

People prohibited from carrying a handgun, would still legally not be allowed to do so .....

21.7% voted this way .....

46.7% voted YES .....

That's how I voted and I did so because I wanted people voting in that pole that didn't know that would now learn. Some won't care but some may.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Bad Public Perception is killing us - ANY and EVERY effort to change that - is helpful. and needed.

Vote (from several devices) and Shared. via several souces / pages.

Last edited:

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    By logic, if having to have a permit to exercise one constitutional right is good, then it would be even better to require a permit for ALL of them.

Grump01

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Madison County
    Voted yes, illegal will still be illegal. Most will still obtain a license to be able to carry in reciprocal states, but won't feel forced to for in state carry.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    BTW It's not "adopt" it's "revert back to" :)

Serious question, when was the last time you could carry in IN with no paperwork? I remember by granddad said he had to register his handguns (but not long guns) with the county sheriff, and that would have been sometime in the 1950's. I also have no idea if that was a county-by-county thing.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Serious question, when was the last time you could carry in IN with no paperwork? I remember by granddad said he had to register his handguns (but not long guns) with the county sheriff, and that would have been sometime in the 1950's. I also have no idea if that was a county-by-county thing.

1816: Statehood

1820: Indiana General Assembly prohibits carrying concealed weapons unless traveling or upon one's property

1935: Indiana adopts a section of the Uniform Firearms Act with requires a license to carry a handgun. Indiana rejects other portions of the Uniform Firearms Act and Uniform Revolver Act (permit to purchase, etc.). Indiana would later implement a minimum age of 16 to purchase handguns, although a note from your parents was often good enough in many cities. My father purchased his first handgun in the early '50s with a note from grandpa (Schmaltz's in Bloomington IIRC).

Many Indiana jurisdictions had voluntary registration programs, primarily for the "store gun" of the bank, hardware store, barber shop, etc.

Last edited:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I voted! Where's my sticker?

I don't understand what that "safety net" thing is all about.

No, I can't see any benefit ingetting rid of a safety net
    :scratch:

I guess some naive people believe that criminals are prevented from carrying guns by not getting a state issued licence?:dunno:

Top Bottom