Should the GOP continue to fight to delay obamacare?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    Rush was talking yesterday about the notion that it was designed from the begining to fail, make the insurance companies and the doctors look like bad guys, the Federal Gov't look like saviors, and pave the way to a single payor healthcare system like Canada.

~That~ is a scary notion...
    This is probably closer to the truth than anything else..."Something must be done,if it is wrong we will fix it as we go..."

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    I think they should delay it. At least give the low income taxpayers time to pick out their new tents and fire pits. As for the entitled middle class though, I have absolutely no idea how they're ever going to survive this mess. Sell their stuff maybe.:dunno:

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    How long are you all waiting to get your form 4's and other NFA forms through the gov?

Now picture yourself in critical medical condition, with a nurse on the phone, listening to the recording, trying to get an authorization number for your treatment. That could never happen, or could it?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    How long are you all waiting to get your form 4's and other NFA forms through the gov?

Now picture yourself in critical medical condition, with a nurse on the phone, listening to the recording, trying to get an authorization number for your treatment. That could never happen, or could it?

Just the other day, people here were singing the praises of the VA. The VA IS government healthcare.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I'm still confused why the GOP keeps fighting ACA. They fought a good battle, and lost. I'm pretty sure everyone KNOWS they're not a fan of it. If it's THAT bad, they should simply let it run it's course, and when it falls in its face they can give a collective "we told you so," and watch the popularity of the democrats sink. It's getting to the point that I'm starting to wonder if they think this might actually be something that people would like when it's finally running. If so, it makes sense for them to fight it so hard.

To All,

I couldn't agree more ^^^^!

They fought, we lost. Time to move on.

When the details of the ACA start to go into effect this thing is going to p*** off EVERYONE!

I spent over an hour on the phone last Sunday with my good friend who is a CPA. He was telling me how this thing is going to be a TRAIN WRECK! I don't mean the exchanges, and I don't mean the website. I mean how it is going to tangle EVERYONE'S income tax returns. (Ok, not everyone, but about 90%)

Everyone in the media is focusing on those who don't have health insurance and the websites. No one is focusing on the tax return implications that are going to jam up everything.

The Republican politicians do NOT understand what this is going to do, or IF they do then they are marketing idiots! All they have to do is explain a little of what my buddy was telling me and folks would understand why it is going to be far uglier than those of us who don't like even believe.

For now, the Republican politicians look like spoiled children who didn't get their way and are now throwing a tantrum to me - and I AGREE with them.

Regards,

Doug

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I find myself in agreement with Doug and Kutnupe. They've taken 40 votes against Obamacare and it's gotten nowhere. Time to move on to battles you might have a chance at winning and come back to this one when/if the odds change in your favour. This is wasting what minuscule political capital the gop still retains, and that ain't much.

mdmayo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Madison County
    I'll hitch my horse to Doug, Kutnupe and MJarell's wagon. 40+ attempts is excessive and makes the whole fight look more and more pedantic and foolish. It's the fight is over, stop stepping into the roundhouse to the temple. Let it play out...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    The best thing the GOP, or any representative of the people, could do, is to assess the "right thing to do", then do that. Regardless of your political lable, any representative can see we have a national debt spiraling out of control. If the GOP hopes to ever win another election, they'd best focus on the things they can affect. The cuts must come and it's going to hurt. You've laid out the no-win situation and the lay of the land, but the right thing to do for the American people is to get spending under control. In my opinion continuing to fight a single issue like Obamacare is only giving over to the well played hand of this administration. The GOP should continue to paint a face of cooperation on their face as to the details of the cuts, but adamant with regard to bringing spending under control and balancing a budget. Then PASSING a budget - first time in nearly 6 years unless my memory fails me.

Rush was talking yesterday about the notion that it was designed from the begining to fail, make the insurance companies and the doctors look like bad guys, the Federal Gov't look like saviors, and pave the way to a single payor healthcare system like Canada.

~That~ is a scary notion...

No delays!

I want to see the Leftists, Moderates , Independents RINOs suffer!

They are costing me $2400 more a year for insurance so let the sky fall HARD on them!

JJ the cuts will never come. You are believing the logical will happen and not understanding the political reality. Austerity doesn't sell in an election, especially when 49% of all American's are receiving some sort of needs based government support. People vote their wallets and unfortunately that means the cuts that are obvious to everyone will never be passed by politicians.

At this point it doesn't matter if a Rep or Dem is elected. No one is ever going to end the entitlement gravy train through the legislative process. Just look to Europe as an example. The countries you have heard are undertaking severe austerity measures in reality aren't doing a damn thing to end or slow their entitlement programs. It is political suicide.

The math is certain however. We will not and cannot ever pay for all the promises made by our elected representatives. They will simply do what all other bureaucrats have done under the same conditions - they will print money and blame all the resultant chaos on the same tired, hazy culprits. We will be told that there are profiteers, hoarders, price-gougers, unfair trade..... We will also be told that happy days are ahead, that things are getting better, that there is no need to worry and to go out and spend and that interest rates are going to be turning around and that the government has everything under control.

It's all the same lame BS that has played out hundreds of times throughout history when countries use fiat currency printing to try to hide their own math problems. The end in money printing is always the worst outcome as society is torn apart so we know that politicians will choose that route since they always pick the easy thing for them and the hard thing for the people.

When money dies things get awfully bad. And our money will die as the Fed prints to enable the government to spend well beyond it's means. Printing is now the only tool the Fed has and they must print to keep the government afloat. So print it is - to infinity.

/Thread!
    Prepare for the worse and let the rest :whistle:

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I find myself in agreement with Doug and Kutnupe. They've taken 40 votes against Obamacare and it's gotten nowhere. Time to move on to battles you might have a chance at winning and come back to this one when/if the odds change in your favour. This is wasting what minuscule political capital the gop still retains, and that ain't much.

I'll hitch my horse to Doug, Kutnupe and MJarell's wagon. 40+ attempts is excessive and makes the whole fight look more and more pedantic and foolish. It's the fight is over, stop stepping into the roundhouse to the temple. Let it play out...

I'm still confused why the GOP keeps fighting ACA. They fought a good battle, and lost. I'm pretty sure everyone KNOWS they're not a fan of it. If it's THAT bad, they should simply let it run it's course, and when it falls in its face they can give a collective "we told you so," and watch the popularity of the democrats sink. It's getting to the point that I'm starting to wonder if they think this might actually be something that people would like when it's finally running. If so, it makes sense for them to fight it so hard.

To All,

Awesome! We have a foursome.

Now we can get together, play cards, smoke fine cigars, drink excellent imported beer AND solve all the worlds problems.

What more could anyone ask for?

Regards,

Doug

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    Actually seems the most benefit would be if republicans DEMAND it go through with no waivers. THis would show people how bad it is ( even the obamanites) and then people might realize there is no such thing as a free lunch

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    According to this website here: https://www.healthcare.gov/find-pre...dv&type=med&state=IN&county=Marion&cov=single
    it looks like everyone is going to be entitled to subsidized healthcare. Since it only takes one person to make a baby now, a family of two only pays over $500 a month ($6000 a year) for their healthcare in the income range of $15,000 to $62,000. Not bad for the taxpayers that make 15- $17,000 a year.
    Where it gets tough is on the $62,000 a year earnings. It makes it nearly impossible for anyone making that wage to get by.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    The Rep. or Dem. don't want this insurance either. It manipulates the minds of younger people and dupes them into thinking that it's the older and sicker peoples fault that the younger generation voted for it. At the same time it pays for someone else's contraception and abortions because all that matters is seeex, druuuuugs, hiigh tech gadgetry and a niiice tv to watch the springer show.
    In the small quote from the article, probably just a fluke but it failed to mention those who don't want to work.
    Articles: Give us Your Young, Uninsured (and Dying to be Rooked)
    "You know the whole scheme depends on young, healthy people like you, paying more for your insurance to subsidize those who are older and sicker. And, of course, to make sure that even upper middle class kids like Sandra Fluke don't have to pay for contraception or abortion."

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'm glad to see McCain, Pelosi, Boehner, et al have finally been able to talk some sense into some of the hardline INGOers. The democrat/establishment-GOP welcomes you aboard.

:laugh:

hd1971

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 18, 2012
    Columbus, IN
    A lot of people have the perception Obamacare is free HealthCare. Politicians use the words Obamacare and Healthcare as if they are the same thing. Obamacare is Health Insurance. If individuals want Healthcare that will be an additional expense. What people thought they voted for and what there going to get is another story. When reality sets in there will be a lot more people demanding Obamacare be repealed.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    A lot of people have the perception Obamacare is free HealthCare. Politicians use the words Obamacare and Healthcare as if they are the same thing. Obamacare is Health Insurance. If individuals want Healthcare that will be an additional expense. What people thought they voted for and what there going to get is another story. When reality sets in there will be a lot more people demanding Obamacare be [STRIKE]repealed[/STRIKE] replaced by a single-payer system where employed people pay all the bills for all healthcare for everybody.

FIFY

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Even if these new attempts by Democrats to delay ACA signups succeeds, Republicans will never get credit for any good result. People still believe that LBJ wrote the equal employment
    opportunity laws...In fact it was written by Republicans and opposed by Dixiecrats...Reps should oppose any delay as quietly as possible, by attaching any amendments that they can to make the delay repugnant to the Dems...Then when it ultimately fails and angers the voters the Republicans can point to the shutdown and say' this is why we did that ' and a whole lot of 'I told you so'...But they better have a fix up their sleeve or the Dems will still blame them for the Health Care System crash that must come .

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    Even if these new attempts by Democrats to delay ACA signups succeeds, Republicans will never get credit for any good result. People still believe that LBJ wrote the equal employment
    opportunity laws...In fact it was written by Republicans and opposed by Dixiecrats...Reps should oppose any delay as quietly as possible, by attaching any amendments that they can to make the delay repugnant to the Dems...Then when it ultimately fails and angers the voters the Republicans can point to the shutdown and say' this is why we did that ' and a whole lot of 'I told you so'...But they better have a fix up their sleeve or the Dems will still blame them for the Health Care System crash that must come .
    I like that idea...probably the best way they could let this thing destroy itself while getting as little blame as possible.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN

To All,

Awesome! We have a foursome.

Now we can get together, play cards, smoke fine cigars, drink excellent imported beer AND solve all the worlds problems.

What more could anyone ask for?

Regards,

Doug
    I still am not in agreement that they have actually made the attempts to stop obamacare. Boehner and the rest of the house RINOs only let those 40 votes go forward because they don't mean anything, as they knew the Senate wouldn't even consider a sentence written in the bills,they could have tried to defund it any number of times a budget battle occurred in the last 3 years. They really only attempted ONE time, which was the most recent, and that was because of the heat their voters were putting under their asses IMO.

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    I like that idea...probably the best way they could let this thing destroy itself while getting as little blame as possible.

Also a lot of Obamanites are starting to realize how bad this law is and while there are some points to it overall its crap and needs to be repealed and replaced.

Clinton finally supported welfare reform. The clowns we have now should be able to get rid of this crap.

Top Bottom