Should the government recognize the right of non-resident aliens to bear arms?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Should law-abiding non-residents have the right to bear arms?

• Total voters

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    ETA: You and I both used to instruct for Appleseed. Do you recall the big shoot they had in IL a few years ago? Suppose those 10,000 had signed up and paid their fee to attend. Would you have instructed them? I would have, had I been there. I'd have loved the opportunity to teach them the beginnings, the basics of what America is and where it came from. (end edit)

Again, you are welcome to disagree. I lay out in this post my rationale. You may share it or discard it, at your discretion.

Blessings,
    Bill

I likely would have, provided I felt that doing so would strengthen the cause of liberty and not provide training to enemies of my nation.

I would not have worked a shoot for a company of Red Chinese infantry, but would have been honored to work a shoot for a company of our infantry.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    As someone who believes that rights exist due to the nature of the organism and not the law of the land, I have to vote for everyone having the right to keep and bear arms.

This right exists to every human being worldwide, irregardless of what country they may find themselves in. Now, whether that country chooses to acknowledge and protect that right is another issue entirely, but the fact that the right exists is indisputable in my mind.

I don't believe that just because someone may be here in violation of immigration law that they are somehow stripped of their rights as human beings. If such were the case, we could simply do ICE sweeps of businesses, neighborhoods, and towns wherupon finding illegal aliens we simply line them up, shoot them in the head and burn the bodies. After all, if their lack of conformance to immigration law strips them of their right to keep and bear arms, it surely must also strip them of their simple privilege to a trial and due process.

Because if we lose our rights simply by being in violation of one set of laws (immigration) then surely we must also lose our rights by being in violation of tax laws, which would make probably every American who has ever filed a criminal if we looked close enough. I would be willing to wager a case of beer that no one could survive a full IRS audit. But we don't like the IRS, so breaking their rules isn't as bad as breaking immigration rules, which we do like, right? Or am I in error on this?

We become Fudd's if we don't defend the rights of the weakest to defend themselves, just as the Fudd's don't defend others rights to own non-hunting firearms.

Regards,

Doug

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I don't believe that just because someone may be here in violation of immigration law that they are somehow stripped of their rights as human beings.

The issue of whether or not it should be permissible for illegal aliens to be armed is really a nonissue. If they are found, they should be immediately removed making the question of a right to be armed completely irrelevant.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    The issue of whether or not it should be permissible for illegal aliens to be armed is really a nonissue. If they are found, they should be immediately removed making the question of a right to be armed completely irrelevant.

Do you mean "immediately removed" as in kicked out without any type of hearing? Or do you mean subjected to the laws of the land following all legal procedures, protocols, and processes?

Not picking, honest question.

Regards,

Doug

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

Do you mean "immediately removed" as in kicked out without any type of hearing? Or do you mean subjected to the laws of the land following all legal procedures, protocols, and processes?

Not picking, honest question.

Regards,

Doug

Why should this be more complicated than having any other trespasser removed?

Top Bottom