Should we eliminate the electoral college??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Hilary having more faithless electors than Trump was absolutely hilarious. Brought a tiny bit of joy to my freezing day.

Should have been at least 2 or 3 more. But several states where her electors tried to jump ship either forced a re-vote when they cast their (counter) votes and they toed the line the second time around, or they replaced the unfaithful with someone who WOULD follow the will of the people.

Ron Paul got a vote, I like this system..
    I can get behind this.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    He's technically correct. The electoral college would be a disaster for a democracy. Good thing we are not a democracy.

Too bad the sheeple dont know we arent. (hence the cries against him not losing due to popular vote)

And he isnt helping.

Somebody PLEASE take away his twitterbox.

Klanham5576

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    NE Indiana
    I too have followed this topic in multiple social media threads. What amazes me is the incredble brilliance of the Founding Fathers to create such a brilliant system that accomplishes exactly what they intended. The system was designed such that it reflects the will of the most populated areas while preserving the rights of the less populated. We still today have that same need!

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Do you think Donald Trump was talking about "democracy". Do you think Donald Trump knows America is a constitutional republic?

Answer honestly

To the former question: no.
    To the latter question: yes.

Trump tweets a bunch of crap on Twitter - and even moreso, when he had no designs on running for office. Bringing up crap he tweeted years ago is like your wife bringing up that one time you were wrong years ago, while trying to win an argument.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    So, again we're reminded that the evidence points to at least one, single irrefutable fact: Hilary Clinton was the worst presidential candidate in the history of the Republic. With all of the cheating and lying and a weak opponent, she and her minions still couldn't get it done.

I recommend that next time the Dems nominate Triumph, the insult comic dog so at least he'll have something to poop on.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I think the EC is outdated.
    I think I should be elected "Tyrant"

th

Fizzerpilot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2016
    Avon
    Bernie Sanders doesn't even realize that we aren't a true democracy... The idiot tweeted that the electoral college needs to be abolished, as it undermines our democracy... Of course, his followers agree, as they don't understand where they live either.

Its been fun watching all of this play out... I've rather enjoyed the celebs crying, creating YouTube videos, professors claiming that they KNOW that there are at least 20 electors willing to defect from Trump... So many fools have been made.

Top Bottom