• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    We have a Neighborhood Watch. I don't like "Block Captain" (even if it is in the NW Manual), maybe it's from those 21+ years as an enlisted troop. "Block Sergeant", now that has a ring to it!!:D

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We all keep an eye on about everything that goes on in out little section of the world. Living on a main street it is tough to keep the zombies totally at bay but we do try.

xring62

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    Henry county
    The people that would riot dont realy care if it WAS in self defence,they just want a reason to do it. guilty is all they want to hear no matter what facts.If it were a black guy that shot a white or mexican it never would have made news.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Went to the corner package store for some beer.....some of the regulars hanging out in front of the used and abused shop so I walked over and asked them If "Z" is found innocent are they rioting. They looked at each other and started laughing..........No solidarity for "T" down here in my Hood.

Don't be fooled by this misdirection. Their denial shows that something is in the works indeed!! :dunno:

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I was laying in my bed on the 4th at around 10pm, listening to all of the fireworks all around outside. I live in a mostly rural area on the fringes of a bigger town, but I was still amazed at the sheer volume of stuff blasting off everywhere. At times it sounded like a firefight, and as I lay in my little frame house I got to thinking about what it would be really like in a real SHTF scenario, and those people were shooting guns and not fireworks.

It made me feel a little less prepared and a lot less safe in my otherwise quiet rural neighborhood.

Somemedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Unless the citizens of Lake Station/ New Chicago are looking for duct tape, salt shakers, or mexican food there's not much to loot over here. They're predominately white or latin and I seriously doubt they care much about ANY verdict that doesn't directly involve themselves.

Are you just borrowing trouble? Dont buy in to this BS. I'm a stones throw from Gary and 20 mins from Chicago. This chicken little doesnt see any sky falling...

My APC is always ready BTW

Hoosierkav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    South of Indianapolis
    Though...

Our cities suffer little riots when our favorite sports team wins or loses a championship game.

Add a little "injustice", a little power failure, an additional race-related incident, and a little microphone-induced gasoline by a few keynote speakers...

hntrroy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    Winslow IN
    To me it just makes sense to be repared for anything. Riots are just one of the threats that are associated with this case. Not too many people remember that Louis Farakhan has called for all people of color to "rise up and kill whitey". Funny how this doesnt get reported in the news as much as if a white conservative had said this. At any rate , we should be prepared for anything.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    Never thought of New Albany and Jeff as a riot area but I could see it spilling over from Louisville. Plenty of craziness on a daily basis so it isn't much of a stretch to believe it possible. I hope not and that people would be more understanding.

We have terrain in our favor; bridges are excellent choke points.

MadTownGunny

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Most people are too lazy to riot. Especially when 80% of would be rioters would be too worried about losing their foodstamp card.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    To me it just makes sense to be repared for anything. Riots are just one of the threats that are associated with this case. Not too many people remember that Louis Farakhan has called for all people of color to "rise up and kill whitey". Funny how this doesnt get reported in the news as much as if a white conservative had said this. At any rate , we should be prepared for anything.

When exactly did he say this? Farrakhan is racist, no doubt, but I find it difficult to believe that he said this (at least within the past decade). One of his toadies sure, but him? Doubtful.

Top Bottom