• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    View attachment 51393 Put stabilizer in the fuel, changed the oil, washed and waxed her, hooked up the battery tender, covered her to keep her warm. I will take the cover off every so often and just look at her dreaming of spring. This is a sad day.
    Does this mean you won't be riding between now and spring? I try to ride a little every month, unless we have crazy weather. Always try to ride on New Years Day.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Does this mean you won't be riding between now and spring? I try to ride a little every month, unless we have crazy weather. Always try to ride on New Years Day.

We did the hangover ride every year regardless of the weather. Ice/snow/drizzle/sub-zero.......no matter.
    Coldest I remember was -10* warmest was 50* but we were always there.

New years day.......-10*

Snipercop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    SS Indianapolis
    IMG_20160326_125808093.jpg

Still not a whiz with pics, but you get the idea... 1999 Harley Davidson Softail (was on the list for 2.7 years to get it). EV-27 cam, 42mm Mikuni carb, Carlini bars, chrome swingarm and custom "real fire" paintjob by Bill the Kid.... Currently just under 3000 miles since I trailer it to shows and generally ride my 2001 Roadglide much more. lol

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    Do you pull the battery's or put them on a tender...???

Yea...tenders are fed from the power strip behind her Sporty. I have to ride them into the shed so they were cooling off before I covered them.

During the winter our county and local towns up here will spread cinders and tiny bits of slag along with the copious amounts of salt...our roads are pretty much trashed until a couple of good rains in the spring.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I use a tender, but keep the bike ready to go. Comfortably rode a couple + hours each way to the family get togethers on Thanksgiving and Xmas last year. I'm sure I rode every month last winter and possibly the year before.

20150117_163403_1_zpsykii5rrk.jpg

Looks like the Lake Monroe Harrodsburg exit in Southern Monroe County. I wish I had a dollar for every time I have used that. Makes me homesick.

Ronn38

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    This is my 2007 GSX1250F (Bandit by any other name). I've got a Corbin seat, lower, wider bars, and I mounted a set of Give bags via my own custom mounts. It keeps the bulk of the luggage weight over the rear axle, which really improves handling (but eliminates the passenger pegs). It has a modified suspension, slip-on and fuel injection by dale Walker. She's taken me to Florida and Atlanta many times, around the great lakes--lots of places.

When traveling, I generally carry my 44 Bulldog in my jacket (unless it's summer, then the BullDog is in the luggage and a Beretta 71 is in my pocket).
    IMG_6248.jpg IMG_6249.jpg bike 1.jpg FullSizeRender (19).jpg

Heavy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2016
    Tippecanoe County
    Great video to show how fast these things happen. I've had a dog about take me out before. It's amazing how complacent one can become even when we're trying to be aware.

Two things... 1.) the second person is very lucky and that was an awesome move at the end to avoid tragedy.
    2.) I wonder how much road rash the Glock received on the guy who hit the dog. It might have actually saved some flesh.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I wonder how much better the guy would have fared if he had on riding boots vs tennis shoes? I thought it was interesting that camera girl rode right into the guy on the ground, due to target fixation.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    I was going to put the smart charger on it, but couldn't fit the right size socket at my in laws so I rode about 16 miles instead. For those who are from the vigo county area, the 641 bypass opened for the most part yesterday so I rode with some friends on a backroad to 41 and then too 641 from 41 to 46.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Good intentions. Started and let her run for a bit. Didn't make it to the pavement.

Got too busy with the power washer. Vehicles, then (since it was hooked up :rolleyes:) tillers, the green stuff off of the steps, step stones, house. Ugg, looks like might have missed the oportunity unless the forecast changes. :xmad:

Top Bottom