• ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I don't want to hear the bitching when this RINO starts doing RINO :poop:
    My understanding is about a 13% turnout across the state. Conservatives could have elected constitutional candidates but didn’t do anything but stay home. They must not be that concerned with the state of things now. “You will know them by there fruits.” Matthew 7:16

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    My wife and I did not vote for BRG. I was afraid he might win, though. There were too many candidates running for this seat. I think part of the problem is the size of the 6th District. It goes from the south side of Indy to Columbus. Then it goes all the way east to Richmond. I realize Congressional Districts have to be "balanced" based upon population. However, I think there is a difference in voters in the west half versus the east half.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Because of the Low Information Voter, and all of the CRAP that was stuffed into their and my mail box for the last 6 months--You know-The Big Machine system...Bill
    You nailed it. Classic example of vote suppression via negative campaigning. Shreve determined who his #2 vote-getting rival was (Speedy) - then filled mailboxes with glossy mailers trashing him on immigration. In a spread-out district with many candidates, each representing their own little provincial splinter, it was able to work.

Yesterday _was_ the general election. Shreve heads to Washington, and Indiana gets a 2A-undermining Republican...28 to 22.

A forced run-off was desperately needed in this case.

You have to hand it to preppy boi. He venue-shopped his choice of district exceedingly well.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    It seems like the Republican Party is drifting further and further to the left. It may be time to start voting Libertarian.
    Probably the funding vs shreves wealth.
    And then second reason is probably people (outside marion county) not realizing shreve is a clown.
    You nailed it. Classic example of vote suppression via negative campaigning. Shreve determined who his #2 vote-getting rival was (Speedy) - then filled mailboxes with glossy mailers trashing him on immigration. In a spread-out district with many candidates, each representing their own little provincial splinter, it was able to work.

Yesterday _was_ the general election. Shreve heads to Washington, and Indiana gets a 2A-undermining Republican...28 to 22.

A forced run-off was desperately needed in this case.

You have to hand it to preppy boi. He venue-shopped his choice of district exceedingly well.

Did you recruit any candidates to your liking? Did you work for any candidates you like? Did you fund any candidates? Did you do anything to elect a candidate you want?

So many want to blame them/they when in reality no one wants to admit to not doing anything, kind of like a bunch of people at the table complaining about the food but the complainers never contributed to the food procurement or cooking.

My hope with posts like this is to awaken folks to get out there and do something besides vote and complain about the candidates others worked to put on the ballot. At a 13% turnout folks are not hurting bad enough to prioritize this.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    It seems like the Republican Party is drifting further and further to the left.
    Yes, and it is "our" fault.

My constitutionalist candidate didn't win, but I spent plenty of time proselytizing for him among my coworkers and acquaintances.

I see the larger problem as the Indiana State Republican Party. It is as you say too far left. We, those who believe in a constitutionalist government, need to retake control of the Republican Party within this state and drive it to only select Constitutionalist candidates.

BRG is a perfect example. Simply on his stated platform positions he should never have been permitted to run under the Republican Party banner as they conflicted with the Republican Party national platform. The same is true of many other candidates in Indiana, with Todd Young as the poster boy.

The best way to stop the continuous descent to Communism via inaction of the opposition party is to remake it into a fighter, and one focused on actual constitutional compliance. That means every candidate passes a litmus test. The likes of the BRG do not get the support of the party. That starts at the precinct level.

BRG like candidates will still run, they want the power and the influence, but they will be forced to run under a party that more closely aligns with their actual beliefs and actions. The Communist Party of the United States of America, also known as the Democratic Party.

I too would like a pure Constitution party. From a more pragmatic perspective however; the current two parties are too entrenched to permit entry of a third party. They took care of that when Teddy Roosevelt won. The practical solution is to take over and remake the Republican Party.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Did you recruit any candidates to your liking? Did you work for any candidates you like? Did you fund any candidates? Did you do anything to elect a candidate you want?

So many want to blame them/they when in reality no one wants to admit to not doing anything, kind of like a bunch of people at the table complaining about the food but the complainers never contributed to the food procurement or cooking.

My hope with posts like this is to awaken folks to get out there and do something besides vote and complain about the candidates others worked to put on the ballot. At a 13% turnout folks are not hurting bad enough to prioritize this.
    Since I didn't do enough by voting and researching candidates I will simply not vote any more.

Maybe the other 87% are on to something?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I just saw a piece on WTHR that said the Republican candidate that won the election to oppose Andre Carson is deceased. And she was deceased before the election, but they didn't remove her name from the ballot. If she's on the ballot in November, I'll probably vote for her. She can't do any worse than Carson, and hey, if Democrats can allow dead people to vote for their candidates, why can't Republicans allow dead people to run for office? :dunno:

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I just saw a piece on WTHR that said the Republican candidate that won the election to oppose Andre Carson is deceased. And she was deceased before the election, but they didn't remove her name from the ballot. If she's on the ballot in November, I'll probably vote for her. She can't do any worse than Carson, and hey, if Democrats can allow dead people to vote for their candidates, why can't Republicans allow dead people to run for office? :dunno:

There's already a dead Democrat in the executive position. Makes sense.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010

Those "candidates others worked to put on the ballot" were the reason Shreve targeted the district. He spent his money wisely. He needed a district where the Local Yokel Grinders would work their lil' fannies off to split the vote for him. And the rubes delivered.

Top Bottom