• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    Indiana
    Schroeder Bauman 1911s were made near where I'm from, Fort Wayne Indiana. They were purchased by Cabot Guns a handful of years ago. I had seen a few SB 1911s in a few local gun stores back in the day and always hoped to grab one. I'm in the market and wondered if any of them survived or if anyone knew where a few might be for sale? I figured I'd try here in the Indiana group as that would be the best luck in finding a lead with a business/company selling.
    Thanks guys.

* Pics for reference

secondary_about.jpg
    AmericanDefender6.jpeg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    Indiana
    Yes, the pictures I provided are " for reference" since I am not a current owner and I'm looking for one possibly. They don't come up for sale much which leaves me to believe they were horrible guns or so rare no one wants to sell? Haha. Not much information on them, I'm hoping to gain knowledge within a local firearm community here in Indiana.

Vagabond317

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2022
    Fort Wayne
    Yes, the pictures I provided are " for reference" since I am not a current owner and I'm looking for one possibly. They don't come up for sale much which leaves me to believe they were horrible guns or so rare no one wants to sell? Haha. Not much information on them, I'm hoping to gain knowledge within a local firearm community here in Indiana.
    I have an American Liberty model of the Schroeder Bauman 1911 I might be willing to sell. Are you still in the Fort Wayne area?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

I have an American Liberty model of the Schroeder Bauman 1911 I might be willing to sell. Are you still in the Fort Wayne area?

Gentlemen,

Just remember the forum rules. To buy/sell here should you wish to you need to be a site supporter or have >50 quality posts.

The rules were presented to you both when you signed up, but to refresh your memory they are in my signature below. (you may need to turn your phone sideways to see them if you are on a phone.

Also, posting contact info in the open here to bypass the private message system here is against the rules. (you also cant PM each other until you get 50 quality posts)

With that being said, this is a warning in case either of you decided to post contact info to deal directly. Since you have been warned, doing so will be an immediate permanent ban from the board. (and the info will be deleted)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    Indiana
    Gentlemen,

Just remember the forum rules. To buy/sell here should you wish to you need to be a site supporter or have >50 quality posts.

The rules were presented to you both when you signed up, but to refresh your memory they are in my signature below. (you may need to turn your phone sideways to see them if you are on a phone.

Also, posting contact info in the open here to bypass the private message system here is against the rules. (you also cant PM each other until you get 50 quality posts)

With that being said, this is a warning in case either of you decided to post contact info to deal directly. Since you have been warned, doing so will be an immediate permanent ban from the board. (and the info will be deleted)
    Understood, I'm just looking for a lead as stated in my post "business or company" such as a gun store. Would you happen to have any information I'm looking for? I suppose I could attend a local gun show or gun store and "ask" people if they know a company that has a consignment? I appreciate the warning, networking on a local level I figured would be my best bet.
    Feel free to delete this post as I will end my search in any information within this forum.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I am not what you would call an S-B "expert" but I have one and a keyboard so....

They don't come up for sale often as the production numbers are very limited and the resale market is a niche market of potential buyers.

As I recall, the S-B hit the market with a decent amount of positive press but not a lot of follow-up marketing and/or retail push. They just kinda faded away. I don't know enough about the Cabot situation to conjecture how that impacted the production and marketing of the gun.

The market, at the time, really didn't need another 1911. It was about ten years ago and polymer was all the rage, 45/1911s was just kinda plugging along with manufactures like Springfield offering a solid gun for the money, Dan Wesson being (arguably) at a high point and other manufactures like Kimber and SW offer a decent product.

The overall quality of mine is good but there are some things you can nitpick versus a "custom" gun.

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Understood, I'm just looking for a lead as stated in my post "business or company" such as a gun store. Would you happen to have any information I'm looking for? I suppose I could attend a local gun show or gun store and "ask" people if they know a company that has a consignment? I appreciate the warning, networking on a local level I figured would be my best bet.
    Feel free to delete this post as I will end my search in any information within this forum.
    Not speaking for the mods, but I think most of that was for the poster who mentioned having one to possibly sell, though he was neither a site supporter nor did he have over 50 posts.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Just work your way towards those 50 posts....

Not to speak for the mods BUT we/they/INGO kinda look at the classifieds here as a privilege granted after participation.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    Indiana
    I am not what you would call an S-B "expert" but I have one and a keyboard so....

They don't come up for sale often as the production numbers are very limited and the resale market is a niche market of potential buyers.

As I recall, the S-B hit the market with a decent amount of positive press but not a lot of follow-up marketing and/or retail push. They just kinda faded away. I don't know enough about the Cabot situation to conjecture how that impacted the production and marketing of the gun.

The market, at the time, really didn't need another 1911. It was about ten years ago and polymer was all the rage, 45/1911s was just kinda plugging along with manufactures like Springfield offering a solid gun for the money, Dan Wesson being (arguably) at a high point and other manufactures like Kimber and SW offer a decent product.

The overall quality of mine is good but there are some things you can nitpick versus a "custom" gun.
    Awesome
    This is great information and feedback I was hoping for. Thank you for sharing this, I wasn't sure how many different models they had made. It looks like most were a stainless steel (non blued) versions in Government, Commander sizes? I'm an owner of a few special edition Kimbers, couple Springfield and few Colt 1911s. I have never had a " custom" 1911 such as Nighthawk, Wilson combat or Les Baer. I had always heard that the S&B was a more handmade custom 1911, the one I had saw in person within a local Gun Store seemed to be well built. I remember the price was around $1500-$1700 if I'm not mistaken, that was at least 8-10 years ago. I have since worked into a better job that I'm able to afford a 1911 in this type of price range. Hence why I'm just now searching for more information in possibly getting my hands on one. I realize there are better 1911s I could buy, however having a 1911 that was once made near my hometown would be pretty cool for the collection.
    Again, thank you for sharing what knowledge you have and especially knowledge in actually being an owner of one.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    No, you're fine. I noticed you were asking specifically about shops who might have them. Well within the rules. Now if you had come right out and asked "hey, I want to buy one, anybody have one for sale? You can contact me at... " that would have been no bueno. We actually have folks that their post is "I need a gat. Who will sell me one? (insert contact info here)" That's not at ALL sketch. LOL

Now that Mr Vagabond has apparently expressed an interest in selling his, we are getting danger close to breaking the rules since you are both ineligible to use the classifieds here at this time. (neither have enough post history) And posting contact info to bypass INGO is also against the rules.

But if you both became site supporters ($20/year) you would be free to PM each other (using the start conversation button) and conduct the transaction if you wanted to because then you would both have access to the classifieds. Sorry the rules are a little different here. This is a message board that just happens to have a classifieds section for actively contributing members.

I hope that makes sense.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    Indiana
    No, you're fine. I noticed you were asking specifically about shops who might have them. Well within the rules. Now if you had come right out and asked "hey, I want to buy one, anybody have one for sale? You can contact me at... " that would have been no bueno. We actually have folks that their post is "I need a gat. Who will sell me one? (insert contact info here)" That's not at ALL sketch. LOL

Now that Mr Vagabond has apparently expressed an interest in selling his, we are getting danger close to breaking the rules since you are both ineligible to use the classifieds here at this time. (neither have enough post history) And posting contact info to bypass INGO is also against the rules.

But if you both became site supporters ($20/year) you would be free to PM each other (using the start conversation button) and conduct the transaction if you wanted to because then you would both have access to the classifieds. Sorry the rules are a little different here. This is a message board that just happens to have a classifieds section for actively contributing members.

I hope that makes sense.

Yes, thank you for clarifying for sure. I wish it was just that easy to ask all members if someone has a great shape model willing to sell, haha, but rules are in place for many reasons and I understand. I have already gathered some good information on this previously 1911 produced here in IN. I frequent GunBroker, gunsamerica and guns international in hopes one day i might get an opportunity to purchase a like new or NOS.
    I am truly interested in knowing more about the 1911 platform, the history of this pistol is such an endless wormhole. I hope companies such as Colt, Springfield, Wilson combat and others continue to provide us with great pistols for years to come.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    ....I wasn't sure how many different models they had made. It looks like most were a stainless steel (non blued) versions in Government, Commander sizes?....
    This video gives a good overview, as I recall the information at the time.

The stainless government with the finger groves is one I should have bought when they were around - because I only have one S&B now and we all know one is none. :cool:

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    That one is pretty close to the serial number of mine....not sure what conclusion that draws but I am sure you were anxious to know. :rofl:
    Always!
    It was a beautiful gun, and ChurchMouse worked it over, but I never fell it love with it. Commander sized with an aluminum frame made it a pretty snappy shooter. I sold it to a buddy a year or two after I won it, then bought it back. In 2017 I sold it here in the classifieds to a member I’d never heard of, or seen since. He was basically a classifieds member.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Speculation on my part, but I know Cabot does a lot of work in Fort Wayne. Perhaps they aquired them for the shop and CNC experience, that's Cabots whole sell IMHO. That being said I still want an Alchemy Quantico (Cabot owns Alchemy Custom not too)

Vagabond317

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2022
    Fort Wayne
    I am near yes. Ever thought about placing it in an auction, Gunbroker or Guns America, guns.com ? One day I'm sure I'll see on on there, until then I wait haha
    Sorry, I did not mean to violate the rules of the site. It has been years since I opened an account and I totally forgot the 50 posts rule. I actually came across this thread just doing a Google search trying to research the Schroeder Bauman myself. What little I found convinced me that it is a pretty well made gun and also fairly rare since it was only made for a few years. I’m sure if you keep checking sites like guns America or armslist, eventually you will find one. Good luck!

Top Bottom