• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    I think a pair of steel toe boots would be a good item to have as well. I mean if you DO have to kick something in you need some strength and want to protect your feet.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    if I were goin to look for stuff to buy to have it would be workwear such as carhart, dickies. they don't raise any eyebrows and will last far longer than regular clothes plus they aren't high speed low drag expensive.:twocents:

agreed, you will want things that might have to last you a LONG time.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    agreed, you will want things that might have to last you a LONG time.

Better start buying now. There's not much left any more that's worth buying and I look for it to get a lot worse. Soon we'll have an entire generation who has never seen any thing but cheap Mao Mart crap and won't know quality from crap. Then there'll be no bottom in the barrel.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    I think a pair of steel toe boots would be a good item to have as well. I mean if you DO have to kick something in you need some strength and want to protect your feet.

Yup. Good, sturdy footwear, cargo pants, a strong, leather belt, a shirt with the some deep breast pockets and a tough leather or canvass jacket. You don't need to look like a soldier, but you may have to do things like walk on broken glass, sleep outside, kick down doors or push your way through brush depending on exactly how SHTF.

On a lighter note, if I am bunkered up for nuclear winter then a nice pair of slippers and some silk pajamas should be just fine.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    what is SHTF, sorry new here

Two terms you will see used a lot on survival/prepper/retreatist forums are SHTF and TEOTWAWKI

SHTF is Sh*t Hits The Fan: Any sort of event that interrupts routine services. Could be a tornado, earthquake, rioting, war, blizzard, EM Pulse, volcano, hurricane or anything else you might imagine. SHTF means you have to take care of yourself because 911 isn't working and the grocery store is closed.

TEOTWAWKI is The End Of The World As We Know It. It is SHTF on a grand scale. Not only is the supermarket closed, it is never going to open again. You are on your own and help isn't coming.

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    if I were goin to look for stuff to buy to have it would be workwear such as carhart, dickies. they don't raise any eyebrows and will last far longer than regular clothes plus they aren't high speed low drag expensive.:twocents:
    Yep, that's what I think too, and it's durable. I'd also stock up on some wool sweaters, and wool pants for the colder seasons. I'd stick with solid colors too. I bet you could get alot of stuff at Goodwill and the like...I know I have ;).

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    The whole concept of camo is to approximate the background you are immersed in. If that's people, look like the people. If it's the woods, look like the woods.

Camo is not just BDU's in Multi-Cam, it's about making yourself blend in with your natural surroundings.

What, no ghillie suit on the circle? :laugh:

I know, I know...some might consider it...

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    Like others have said....I just pack the clothing I no longer wear. Most everything for my shtf is for winter months. My thoughts...You can always make winter clothes work for summer....harder to make summer clothes work for winter.

Dsgnr_81

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 28, 2009
    Pendleton Indiana
    You just want to dress in a way the does not attract attention. If I had to go out at night on a recon mission or Scavange I think I'd go black. During the day If I had to go out I'd just want to blend so no one thinks I have anything worth stealing. If I had to answer the door at my home I think I'd want to look like GI Joe so they'd turn and run! :laugh:
    Black actually stands out at night. Find some night camo, or make some. Daaaark blues, dark grays, some deep browns or greens. Not black.:twocents:

Top Bottom