• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Larryjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Portland, IN
    I added up all my rounds that are either loaded in mags or in state of ready to go as in a 12 gauge or revolver that I would have at my disposal without having to reload before I was completely empty. I came up with 528 between several guns rifles, shotguns and handguns. Just wondering what others may have. This should be interesting.

led4thehed2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Oct 16, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Hmmm, 75. I feel....overpowered around here. :D
    Then again, if we ever really need hundreds of rounds at the ready...hell, they might not even be enough. I believe in being prepared, but I guess I'm not ready for the zombie apocalypse.

farmerdan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    I try and keep at least a thousand rounds for each gun. Right now not counting 22 I have somewhere around 5 thousand or more just in 223 and 9mm. Still workin on 44 mag and its gettin expensive.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I've heard many times that the fastest reload is a second gun, but I have a really hard time thinking that it would be quicker for me to set down my third rifle and pick up the fourth than to simply swap mags on the first.

And I know it's easier for me to carry 120 rounds for my AR than it is for me to carry 40 Remington 870s.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    I don't have that many because whenever I get ammo I can't help but go shoot them :D

I wish I reloaded and then I wouldn't have this issue :(

Reloading won't solve that issue at all! It just makes it worse, trust me. When a round comes off my press, it has a shorter shelf life than milk!

Mr.JAG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I've heard many times that the fastest reload is a second gun, but I have a really hard time thinking that it would be quicker for me to set down my third rifle and pick up the fourth than to simply swap mags on the first.

And I know it's easier for me to carry 120 rounds for my AR than it is for me to carry 40 Remington 870s.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Eq2XzZBO_M&feature=related[/ame]

Sigasaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    Plainfield
    300rds .223 in mags, 70rds .45 in mags and a whole lot of extra ammo waiting with about 30 extra AR mags. Have other calibers, but these are my chosen SHTF weapons..

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    Back in the day when I had guns, ammo ect I kept alot of stuff at the ready.
    Cans of bandoliers for 03A3 Springfield/BAR, M1 Carbine, M1 Garand, M1A, AR15, FAL, Mauser rifles, Mini 14 ect.
    various Olongapo Outfitters Grab And Goes. Olongapo Outfitters buttstock pouches for M1 Carbines and M1 Garands.
    Cans of various ammo on stripper clips (with chargers in cans), mostly in cardboards. Cans of loaded en blocs.
    SAW cans of AR mags. .50 cal. cans of BAR mags. .30 cal cans of M1A and FAL mags. 30mm cans of AK47 and AK74 mags. 30mm cans of RPD and AK drums. Cans of both cloth belted and linked 8mm, 7.62x51 and M2 Ball/M2 AP.
    Also loadouts of USGI WWII/Korea web gear for Springfield, Garand and BAR.
    Loadouts of Alice gear for Mini 14, AR15 and M1A.
    USGI LBV-II loadouts for AR15.
    USGI FLC loadout for AR15.
    Chinese chest rigs for SKS.
    Chinese chest rig for AK's.
    Alice gear loadout for AK's
    Shoulder strap type mag and drum pouches for various weapons.
    At times I wish that I still had all of this stuff, but it sure did take up alot of room and it was hard to keep track of it all. I really like the John Deere tractor w/accessories that I got in trade for all of that crap.

Top Bottom