SHTF Supplies, Good Buys, What have you done this week..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    Went shopping Friday...

Added to my SHTF supplies..

10 packages Starkist White Tuna .99 each expires 10/14/2011 (Bailey's)
    2 packages Folgers Vac Pack Coffee bricks 4.89 each expires 01/20/2012 (Dollar General)
    1000 rds .22LR 14.98 each bulk pack.(Wally World)

I am still laid off so I have to pay it close right now but I try to do a little each week.

This would be a great place to post any local sales with good buys or internet good buys....:rockwoot:

Please this is not a Physical or Mental prep thread (we already have one of those) just a hey look what I found a deal on or normal stocking up thread.

Last edited:

WHAT HAPPENED

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    Largo, FL
    i just got some water proof matches and picked up a 25 round mag for my 22 mag rifle and a water proof match container and a flint stick...

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    Picked up:
    20 of Dollar General Iced Tea Mix...2 for $3.00 Yeah I got a thing for Iced Tea
    10 " " " Lemonade......" " "
    4 Yoder Bacon.... will see if it is any good found a link to it on here.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Augmented my Midway order's high shipping costs by adding a Gerber pruning kit and Gerber game shears.

I'll have to test out the pruning kit, but this is my third set of game shears. The game shears are a real sleeper and a steal for $11. They do what they are designed for plus are a great set of scissors. I use them in the garden, kitchen and shop. They are much more efficient and safer than a knife for cutting zip ties, opening thermal sealed packaging, etc.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    Zombie proofed the windows in my under ground bomb shelter, started the dogs on a high fat diet,added another dozen bottles of mescal to the bomb shelters bar....ok ok I give...I did a lotta notta.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    not much, but my aunt is making me some jerky out of the tougher meat from the deer I shot. So I'm gonna put most of that back and seal it up. Otherwise sadly not much. Hoping to get some rifles sighted in better in the next week or so though.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I had another talk with my wife. Broke ground for a sit-down talk about preparing. Yes, she's got a really negative emotional thing about SHTF stuff.

I guess I gotta start slow.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I had another talk with my wife. Broke ground for a sit-down talk about preparing. Yes, she's got a really negative emotional thing about SHTF stuff.

I guess I gotta start slow.

Do what I do:

"It's in case we lose power from a tornado/ice storm"

So far I got:

a gas generator

Ice mountain water cooler, with LOTS of five gallon jugs

Had her actually keep a separate pantry stocked with stuff, which we never did

Had her put together a good first aid kit, she's a former medic, so that helped.
    She keeps a smaller stocked version as an "Ouch bag" for the kids sports.

I've started stocking 9mm and 20ga for the pistols and single shot shotty I have.

I need to read through the threads in this section and start putting together a plan for other things I need. I'd like to add a .22 rifle and ammo, a good quality knife, then research other food, seeds, tools, etc to start collecting.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I bought a nice first aid kit, a couple 50g Quick Clot sports, and a package of Wetfire quick starting tinder. All this is going in an emergency bag along with some other stuff for my parents trip out to Seattle. After they get back it will be my BOB with a couple other additions like extra ammo and such.

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    I ordered 2 CAA IDF 2 point slings for my 2 favorite rifles. And got 2 tan american flag hats for only 99cents each... I like specials..lol

Whiskey Lake

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Indy Area
    The best thing I have found to bring the wife on board is to explain that stores only stock 3 days worth of stuff usually so if there is a snow storm or tornado or something that last more than 3 days, we are screwed. Many people I know have used that approach.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    I need to do that!!!!!

Bought 20 more packs of tuna today at 2 for $1.00 expires 9/17/11
    Went to bailey's again did ya?? I need to make a trip down there REAL soon! I am thinking about doing it Friday. I'll give you a buzz if I do mike and maybe we can hit one of the ranges.

As for what preps have I done lately? I picked up:

20# of white rice
    50# of sugar
    3150 of .22 ammo

Greg

Top Bottom