• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I posted before that it's not a matter of where the money comes from. Congress is charged with the allocation of where the money gets spent and right now the Democrats don't want to give Trump a political victory even if Mexico were to pony up the funds. Again. It's not about the money.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I posted before that it's not a matter of where the money comes from. Congress is charged with the allocation of where the money gets spent and right now the Democrats don't want to give Trump a political victory even if Mexico were to pony up the funds. Again. It's not about the money.

I agree. It's not about the money. The Democrats would be foolish to let Trump have this wall without significant "quid pro quo." Especially since the president has gone on record as taking the blame for the shutdown.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I agree. It's not about the money. The Democrats would be foolish to let Trump have this wall without significant "quid pro quo." Especially since the president has gone on record as taking the blame for the shutdown.

And while these 2 factions fight for power the issues go un-addressed.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Anyone know how many times Trump stated that as a candidate, and also as the sitting President?? He should be held accountable & to it :popcorn:

I do agree he should do what he said he was going to do....... But if we look back in history.. I don't think he should be the ONLY president held accountable for campaign "promises" and there are other ways besides mexico sending a check with a memo that says wall. Renegotiating trade deals or reducing aid would be money essentially from mexico.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I do agree he should do what he said he was going to do....... But if we look back in history.. I don't think he should be the ONLY president held accountable for campaign "promises" and there are other ways besides mexico sending a check with a memo that says wall. Renegotiating trade deals or reducing aid would be money essentially from mexico.

We just sent them 10.6 Billion. That may be spread around down there but we still sent it.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    border-money-dt-600.jpg

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    FWIW pelosi said said she'd shut down the govt "forever" over the wall. Too bad they can't put national security before their political interests.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I agree with this as well.

I’m not so naive as to not understand how political give and take works. It’s the nature of the beast.

They had a chance to both gain something politically in the past over this deal and they let it slip away.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Get rid of the sausage factory.

It will never happen, but there should be individual budgets for the different departments and bills should go through clean.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    They have changed it to "sweeteners".

We can do without sweeteners, but not pork.

:bacondance:

DFacres

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2015
    This sphere
    Of course politicians (and those aspiring to be) will always lie, so I'm not asserting that D. Trump should be the "ONLY" one held to the fire. " Renegotiating trade deals or reducing aid would be money essentially from mexico."
    I fully agree with your comment that Mexico would be the source, Mexico would be paying for the wall with your scenario. Soooo...then why is there a Congressional fiscal fiasco of wanting a billion+$$$ for our U.S. Treasury to cut loose funds from the Fed's checkbook? That isn't Mexico paying for it, it is you and I having our pockets picked to pay for it. Money that could fund other needs for the U.S.A. Just sayin...

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Cartoons like this are excellent for people who would rather look at pictures, than read, to have an informed position.
    The US State Department....and agency which the president controls, pledged the $10B to Central America.... but the implication above, is that the Democrats, despite not being in control in either house, are the ones pushing this through.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Cartoons like this are excellent for people who would rather look at pictures, than read, to have an informed position.
    The US State Department....and agency which the president controls, pledged the $10B to Central America.... but the implication above, is that the Democrats, despite not being in control in either house, are the ones pushing this through.

Oh I get it. I really do. The stupid runs so deep.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Did you just call me stupid, Sir?

I am used to it from some, but you usually display more decorum!

I turned that Grape so there would be no ambiguity.

trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG
    I think this is going to backfire on the Democrats. I've thought about this alot and have come to the conclusion that there are MANY problems with border security that need fixing. Why not spend the money to slow things down with a wall that can be defended? I, for one, am tired of the political posturing by both sides.

Top Bottom