• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Well, it looks like I'll be snowed in for the next two days. We got two fee of snow in 18 hours and I can't even get over the bridge to the road!

20140213_103349_zpsw3lmhlx6.jpg

20140213_085856_zpsnxtylzu6.jpg

So, I decided to make a little dinner. It's nothing like my wife's cooking, but I'm getting better.

9463ed97293080b8922562d88e0755a8_zpscc150655.jpg

Since there is nothing else to do, I guess I can use this space to post my thought about Virginia. Overall, I absolutely love the state. They have decent gun laws as an open-carry state and they recognize my Indiana LTCH, so I can CC if I choose. They have PLENTY of land and the people are very friendly. I have several locations to shoot and three to hunt, not including the national forest that is three minutes away. As for non-gun related stuff, the roads are outstanding and it is fun to ride my motorcycle here.

Now, the issues I have with the state are these:

1. The people are not really gun lovers. Most that I've talked to have not had any training outside of the local shooting range.
    2. There is nobody to shoot with, even though there is PLENTY of land.
    3. There are no local gun or reloading stores that are fun to visit.
    4. There is no local training.
    5. The range at the national forest is outstanding, but doesn't allow steel! On a warm day, students and locals come out and it becomes the most unsafe place I've ever seen in my life. At the sound of "COLD!" there will be several people in the field.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Interesting table setting.....Dude Glad you are enjoying VA. It looks beautiful there. Now since you have all this land to shoot and hunt, maybe you will have to "import" people to shoot with. Hint Hint... As for hunting there, are the deer invisible?

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    Your place is beautiful, and your dinner looks :drool: just need a peanut butter brownie for dessert :whistle:

I believe it won't take you long to get a few people into training and better gun habits, it will snowball :):, and you'll have lots of great gun enthusiasts down there!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well, it looks like I'll be snowed in for the next two days. We got two fee of snow in 18 hours and I can't even get over the bridge to the road!

20140213_103349_zpsw3lmhlx6.jpg

20140213_085856_zpsnxtylzu6.jpg

So, I decided to make a little dinner. It's nothing like my wife's cooking, but I'm getting better.

9463ed97293080b8922562d88e0755a8_zpscc150655.jpg

Since there is nothing else to do, I guess I can use this space to post my thought about Virginia. Overall, I absolutely love the state. They have decent gun laws as an open-carry state and they recognize my Indiana LTCH, so I can CC if I choose. They have PLENTY of land and the people are very friendly. I have several locations to shoot and three to hunt, not including the national forest that is three minutes away. As for non-gun related stuff, the roads are outstanding and it is fun to ride my motorcycle here.

Now, the issues I have with the state are these:

1. The people are not really gun lovers. Most that I've talked to have not had any training outside of the local shooting range.
    2. There is nobody to shoot with, even though there is PLENTY of land.
    3. There are no local gun or reloading stores that are fun to visit.
    4. There is no local training.
    5. The range at the national forest is outstanding, but doesn't allow steel! On a warm day, students and locals come out and it becomes the most unsafe place I've ever seen in my life. At the sound of "COLD!" there will be several people in the field.

Looks like you have your work cut out for you then doesn't it......:)

Indiana is a unique place.

macafly

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Didn't look too bad. River still open --- fishing? Slap on the cross country skis? Curl up with the ol gun vise and clean your collection!!!:laugh: Ok Ok dinner and veggin out to the military channel's not bad either:popcorn:
    Nice pics!
    Cheers

Top Bottom